Austra Whites

I you will post some pics of them (full body profiles, including the legs and tails), maybe we can ID them for you.
. 20 weeks

I think you have Austra Whites instead of White Leghorns. That's why the eggs are cream colored or light brown. At a distance your birds look like White Leghorns, but when I enlarge your photos, it appears that they have a few very small black spots on them (less than Austra Whites usually have).

I think you have Austra Whites instead of White Leghorns.  That's why the eggs are cream colored or light brown.  At a distance your birds look like White Leghorns, but when I enlarge your photos, it appears that they have a few very small black spots on them (less than Austra Whites usually have).
maybe California white? I'm not real sure, because wouldn't that make their earlobes mostly white also?

Here's one of my girls that was given to me as a chick this spring. I thought maybe she was a California White until she laid a light tan egg! I guess I know better now!
tongue2.gif

I'm a bit bummed as after reading these posts I thought that Austra's laid a white egg, as Meyer advertised but I guess I always have room for another brown egg layer!

I do love the bird though.. she is very pretty.

MB

Can someone post a picture of their Austra White eggs?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm a bit bummed as after reading these posts I thought that Austra's laid a white egg, as Meyer advertised but I guess I always have room for another brown egg layer!

I do love the bird though.. she is very pretty.

MB

Can someone post a picture of their Austra White eggs?
Thanks!

Everything that I have seen says that they lay a cream to tan colored leg. i have two austra whites but they are not old enough to lay any eggs yet.

Back
Top Bottom