Austra Whites

Meca

Songster
6 Years
May 2, 2014
right here.
Anyone have any? I am incubating 35 right now and I was wondering if anyone has them. They are supposed to lay cream colored eggs.

I don't currently have any Austra Whites but I have had them in the past. I would probably describe the egg color as off white. They are great layers.

Fairly docile. Comparing them with the breeds from which they originally came, they were not as flighty as the White Leghorns I've had, but they were not as passive when being picked up by my children as our Black Australorps were. They layed well, but not really any better than the Black Australorps, although being a lighter bird, I'm sure they consumed somewhat less feed. Unless you intend to make pets of them (like my children did), I'm sure you will be happy with them.

Anyone have any? I am incubating 35 right now and I was wondering if anyone has them. They are supposed to lay cream colored eggs.
How did your hatch go? Hope it was successful. How old are they now? I have one from Meyer hatchery that is almost 12 weeks old. Docile enough, but a bit aloof. Meyer advertised that they can lay as early as 12 weeks, ,although I don't see any signs of that yet. Here is a picture of here taken today...

I am tryiing to figure out what breed of chicken I have. I got them at TS and I thought they were leg horns but the eggs are cream colored or light brown eggs. They looked alot like your pullet at that age. The ears look irradeacent...

My hatch wasn't that great due to us loosing power. I ended up with 25 eggs that quit developing. My incubator dropped really low on it's temp so I think that affected it. I got two austra whites, 6 black australorps, and two that are a mix of black australorp and black sex links. I'm gonna try one more time because I want to see if I can get a little better hatch rate this time.

Right now they are about 6 weeks of age.

How did your hatch go? Hope it was successful. How old are they now? I have one from Meyer hatchery that is almost 12 weeks old. Docile enough, but a bit aloof. Meyer advertised that they can lay as early as 12 weeks, ,although I don't see any signs of that yet. Here is a picture of here taken today...
She's beautiful!! I'll have to see if I can get a photo of mine. One only has one little black spot on her and the other has two.

I am tryiing to figure out what breed of chicken I have. I got them at TS and I thought they were leg horns but the eggs are cream colored or light brown eggs. They looked alot like your pullet at that age. The ears look irradeacent...

I you will post some pics of them (full body profiles, including the legs and tails), maybe we can ID them for you.

Back
Top Bottom