Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Sorry my mistake I thought you were looking for alternatives to what you were already feeding. Surely you don't feed them minced meat everyday!
Oh no I don't, but I've just started giving some to them the past two days trying to get their weight up. Also gave them scrambled egg today. Do you think I should just keep at it, or switch the food to the finisher and not worry about giving them too much extra stuff like meat etc?

Oh no I don't, but I've just started giving some to them the past two days trying to get their weight up. Also gave them scrambled egg today. Do you think I should just keep at it, or switch the food to the finisher and not worry about giving them too much extra stuff like meat etc?

I only give scrambled eggs as a treat and if anyone is off their food. Mine get table scraps everyday
But I'm always cautious about feeding meat products. From an economic point of view it would be cheaper to up the protein in the micro pellets and alternate snacks or treats.

I only give scrambled eggs as a treat and if anyone is off their food. Mine get table scraps everyday
But I'm always cautious about feeding meat products. From an economic point of view it would be cheaper to up the protein in the micro pellets and alternate snacks or treats.
Ok thanks! :)

That's a nice clear list. I gave my chickens greek yoghurt for the first time today. I had to sprinkle their feed onto it to get them started but once they had a taste they scoffed it down. When I went back later it looked like they had somehow licked the bowl clean!
The one thing I'm confused about is garlic. On some sites it's listed as don't feed & yet some people use it as a natural health supplement in their water or minced in their food. Has anyone here had any problems with it or found it to be good for some reason?

When my Dorking had her nasty eye infection, I was mixing up eggs, livamol, ACV, garlic and sardines and nuking it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
I think I was putting in half a teaspoon in each batch. It didn't do her any harm at all.

That's a nice clear list.  I gave my chickens greek yoghurt for the first time today. I had to sprinkle their feed onto it to get them started but once they had a taste they scoffed it down. When I went back later it looked like they had somehow licked the bowl clean!
The one thing I'm confused about is garlic. On some sites it's listed as don't feed & yet some people use it as a natural health supplement in their water or minced in their food. Has anyone here had any problems with it or found it to be good for some reason?

Twice a year I put 2-3 whole garlic into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Let it seep for 24 hours , skim the garlic off and fill the water bowls with it. I do this between wormings.

Hi all,

I live in NSW and have 8 girls.

We've had chooks now for almost 7 years. Love having chickens and seeing them wandering around the garden and eating fresh eggs. Nothing better.

That's a nice clear list.  I gave my chickens greek yoghurt for the first time today. I had to sprinkle their feed onto it to get them started but once they had a taste they scoffed it down. When I went back later it looked like they had somehow licked the bowl clean!

I use garlic water in the water everyday. For me since I have used it I have never had a lice problem. Whether that is good luck or not I don't know. I boil up a whole bulb of garlic in a saucepan of water for 30 minutes. Then I use a cap of the watery garlic solution in their drinking water whenever I change it. I use 5 litre waters and just add a cap to each one as I change the water.

Back
Top Bottom