Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I'm sorry for your loss kat79 & satay. I hope you both get to the bottom of it. Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't know anything about poultry illnesses yet.
hmm.png

She had lost a lot of weight, her face went really white her comb was red but had a patch of purplish colour to it, lathegic and slept all day, ate and drank very little and her vent turned white and her poo was very smelly and looked like she had a prolapse but there was no signs of it.

The anaemia was probably just one of the symptoms. It sounds like vent gleet.

Sounds like cocci. Sorry. Keep an eye on the others and if you see anyone else looking lethargic, wings down treat them all with amprolium . You can buy it on line at ' little farm poultry supplies '.

Thanks, do you have a link for them? tried googling them but I couldn't find it. Would it be something I could get from a vet or pet store?

Thanks, do you have a link for them? tried googling them but I couldn't find it. Would it be something I could get from a vet or pet store?

If you live near a produce store that stock cattle supplies you might get lucky. Little valley will press post it to you. In the meantime feed them buttermilk. Don't know why but it will hold them over till the meds arrive.

Back
Top Bottom