Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Mulch is good because it also contains eucalyptus and teatree oils which help repel insects
I use rice hulls also inside the houses - bought by the bale..

xxx M
Mulch gets my attention because we have an abundance of bark from our MANNNY Gum trees...We have a good mulcher and usually distribute the chopped up bark in situ. Would it be ok to use that in the run? It is a nice looking material and would be a good all weather base. I had discounted it due to mites.......but if they don't like the eucalyptus it would be a bonus for us

Cheers

Hello again :)

The Nuggets are 3 weeks old today so I have started playing the boy? girl? game
wink.png

Feel free to join in if you wish; be honest, I can take it! I know they are still a bit young but your thoughts will be appreciated and no pressure; no decisions on if they are staying or going are being made just yet.

The first three are of a little one that is currently nicknamed Caramel (5 toes); I am thinking pullet on this one:

With the Frizzle I am still thinking pullet and that is an honest opinion not wishful thinking
wink.png
She is the smallest of the bunch and has 5 toes.

The little black one has screamed boy from the day he hatched, big red comb and he is the biggest, not the best picture of him but you can see that comb pretty well:

The next two have me stumped. The combs are definitely there but not a lot of colour to them. I'm thinking boys? They have 5 toes and there was a Silkie in the pen and I believe a Light Sussex.

Last edited:
The lone chick is driving me completely batshit insane. We have a temperature sensor in there and it's 42C directly under the lights (though there's a very large area where she can move away from the light) so she's not cold. She's got food and water, she's pooping so I know she's eating and drinking. But she cries all. Day. Long. LOUDLY. The only time she stops is when I pick her up and put her in my pocket or let her nest in my hair. She's sitting on my shoulder right now playing with my hair and peeping at me and I did it so I could save some sanity. *sigh* I'm not sure what to do. She seems perfectly healthy, energetic and curious - just lonely. Any suggestions would be great. I've tried a soft toy. I've tried a feather duster. I've tried a mop head (clean, bought just for this purpose). I am without ideas but I am decidedly WITH a sizeable headache from the CHEEPCHEEPCHEEPCHEEP constantly all day long.

Hello again :) The Nuggets are 3 weeks old today so I have started playing the boy? girl? game ;) Feel free to join in if you wish; be honest, I can take it! I know they are still a bit young but your thoughts will be appreciated and no pressure; no decisions on if they are staying or going are being made just yet. The first three are of a little one that is currently nicknamed Caramel (5 toes); I am thinking pullet on this one: With the Frizzle I am still thinking pullet and that is an honest opinion not wishful thinking ;) She is the smallest of the bunch and has 5 toes. The little black one has screamed boy from the day he hatched, big red comb and he is the biggest, not the best picture of him but you can see that comb pretty well: The next two have me stumped. The combs are definitely there but not a lot of colour to them. I'm thinking boys? They have 5 toes and there was a Silkie in the pen and I believe a Light Sussex.
I'd say your guess is spot on Teila ! What cute adorableness ! I'd lean on the boy side with the bottom two BUT you know the saying about silkies and lay or crow for sexing !

Hello again :) The Nuggets are 3 weeks old today so I have started playing the boy? girl? game ;) Feel free to join in if you wish; be honest, I can take it! I know they are still a bit young but your thoughts will be appreciated and no pressure; no decisions on if they are staying or going are being made just yet. The first three are of a little one that is currently nicknamed Caramel (5 toes); I am thinking pullet on this one: With the Frizzle I am still thinking pullet and that is an honest opinion not wishful thinking ;) She is the smallest of the bunch and has 5 toes. The little black one has screamed boy from the day he hatched, big red comb and he is the biggest, not the best picture of him but you can see that comb pretty well: The next two have me stumped. The combs are definitely there but not a lot of colour to them. I'm thinking boys? They have 5 toes and there was a Silkie in the pen and I believe a Light Sussex.
I too agree with your guesses so far.

Back
Top Bottom