Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Sorry I haven't been around much.
Its very wet here too, the river that goes past us has been up for the last three weeks or so, and yesterday it got even higher. We are well up the hill from it, but the road that crosses it is well under, so we have to go the long way round to get to town.
Many of the other rivers and creeks are as high as we have seen them....

Is it ok to take them out briefly to check for cheeping?
Yup just a few secs should b fine but check incubator temp doesn't fall below 34 while doing so as it might kill the other unhatched chicks....

I can't really tell well they are in there, but I don't want to make them get shrink-wrapped. Also, I'm not quite sure when one of them piped, is it better to be slightly to late, or slightly to early?
You should see a crack on the egg surface if they have ext pipped...

Talking of picking cockerels, I can't quite make up my mind about this one.
P1130380.JPG
Is it just me, or does he look a bit narrow between the legs and in the chest? He's got a lovely temperament, and the colours that I'm looking for.
I have made a thread on him, so will see what other people say, but I was wondering if any of you have any thoughts of him?

I'm in the UK but our daughter and her family live just outside East Gosford. They have recently moved to a 17 acre farm and I'd like to get them set up with quality chickens. I specialize in the heritage French breeds and would like them to have the same as I know just how good they are. Obviously it's not possible for me to send eggs or birds, so what French breeds are available in the Sydney region?

Back
Top Bottom