Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

this is conrod watching over the chickens from the rain water tank. Well I like to think thats what hes doing.... he's really taking a nap on high ground so they won't attack him lol

So so sorry to hear K and Satay of your losses.

K I totally know the rife mess floods cause and the emotional battle with it as well.

I hope it dries out quickly and no further problems crop up. Praying it goes smooth sailing for you now

CWrite- my black girl Aussie cross is massive. He name is RooRoo. She crows three times a day lol
Thats funny. As I was scrolling down your pics I was thinking now I can tell the difference between a langsham & an austrolorp, but not between an austrolorp and another large type of black chicken and then I got to your comment at the bottom.
lol.png
I assume RooRoo laid the egg that's nearly the width of the egg box. It's huge - well both her and the egg. My leghorns have grown on me, but I still have a soft spot for BIG chooks.

Evening all, so sorry to hear of the losses
sad.png
but glad you're all starting to dry out up in Qld for a time at least. We're finally having some warm rather than extremely hot days (had 42 yesterday and 41 the day before - my girls were feeling the heat but was able to cool them down and they didn't go outside until the extreme heat had eased).

I know, still waiting for my first cackle berry and if possible I'll get a friend to come and check them out ... surely there'll be one soon ... the newbies lament I'm sure
barnie.gif
but still it's fun learning about them and their habits.

WOW what a big chook and egg shown by IamSamSam ... would love to have that one myself (egg that is lol).

Chat tomorrow, getting too late for me now ...

Thats funny.  As I was scrolling down your pics I was thinking now I can tell the difference between a langsham & an austrolorp, but not between an austrolorp and another large type of black chicken and then I got to your comment at the bottom.   :lol:   I assume RooRoo laid the egg that's nearly the width of the egg box.  It's huge - well both her and the egg.  My leghorns have grown on me, but I still have a soft spot for BIG chooks.

Lol. Wyandotte cross Aussie. Weights about 4.7 I wanted Jersey Giants lol well she is about as close as I'll get !

Yeah her normal eggs lol

CWrite- my black girl Aussie cross is massive. He name is RooRoo. She crows three times a day lol

That is one huge egg! How much did it weigh?

Before I turn to my usual channels, does anyone here by chance want a dark grey silkie cockerel? He seems to be non aggressive, and I can get photos. He would be free for people here, just not if I put him on gumtree (just trying to avoid any unpleasantness with baiting, etc). He's a fluffy boof head.

That is one huge egg! How much did it weigh?

Before I turn to my usual channels, does anyone here by chance want a dark grey silkie cockerel? He seems to be non aggressive, and I can get photos. He would be free for people here, just not if I put him on gumtree (just trying to avoid any unpleasantness with baiting, etc). He's a fluffy boof head.

About 95g that one the ones on either side are 75-ish.

Back
Top Bottom