Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

No crow collars. I thought they worked by stopping them stretching their necks? But my sister was telling me about a friend whose no crow collar works by stopping it filling the air sacks on the side of it's neck. Ever heard of that before? She said she thought it just looked like a collar rather than the sort of harness type I've seen before?

I
I keep being told horror stories of mealworms eating their way out

I've never fed mine mealworms so I don't know if that can happen or not but I would have thought their stomach acid would kill the mealworm not long after the duck ate it

No crow collars. I thought they worked by stopping them stretching their necks? But my sister was telling me about a friend whose no crow collar works by stopping it filling the air sacks on the side of it's neck. Ever heard of that before? She said she thought it just looked like a collar rather than the sort of harness type I've seen before?

I don't use crow collars but I was told they stop the air sacks from filling too

My rooster attacked my 9yo son today. My son was laughing as he called out to me. I told him to kick it as I raced up the yard. He sort of swept his foot around at it half heartedly. I arrived and BOOTED it! I didn't care if I hurt or killed him. If it had spurs I would have killed it on the spot!

My son was rather impressed at how hard and far I kicked it...I told him that if it happened again to do the same! (My foot is actually a bit sore, I was barefoot). Though if it happens again, it may well end up dead!

Funny how the rooster's daddy was completely unmanageable yet never attacked anyone...this one you can pick up and handle and he attacked...

He is on thin ice and both boys have had a stern talking to about hierachy and lessons in how to boot the rooster if it happens again.

My rooster attacked my 9yo son today. My son was laughing as he called out to me. I told him to kick it as I raced up the yard. He sort of swept his foot around at it half heartedly. I arrived and BOOTED it! I didn't care if I hurt or killed him. If it had spurs I would have killed it on the spot!

My son was rather impressed at how hard and far I kicked it...I told him that if it happened again to do the same! (My foot is actually a bit sore, I was barefoot). Though if it happens again, it may well end up dead!

Funny how the rooster's daddy was completely unmanageable yet never attacked anyone...this one you can pick up and handle and he attacked...

He is on thin ice and both boys have had a stern talking to about hierachy and lessons in how to boot the rooster if it happens again.

It's been my experience that kicking them only makes them more aggressive. Kids tend to torment or goad them a little. If you are concerned about the safety of your son , best to remove the threat, but I wouldn't think encouraging the boys to kick the bird was the answer. Just my opinion.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard marans are sex linked (light are hens, dark are roos) either way all chicks are beautiful.

Thank you, I will check ebay for those cups.

Marans can be sexed once the first feathers come in. Black boys and brown girls.
My last hatch was all girls and 1 boys.
Sp far from this hatch due today I have 2 out of 3 quails out and 4 Pekins pipping nothing on the Marans yet.

Back
Top Bottom