Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

It works a treat!

woohoo, great idea, I bet you're glad you don't have to go mountaineering any more.

Absolutely! and I also feel more benevolent towards the fluff head who insists on laying there
1f600.png

I went out and splurged on a new feeder today , I was a little concerned that they might not work out how to use it. Everyone was most curious and my Wyandotte rooster led the way. It took all of 30 seconds for them to establish that it was a food source. :D

I think we will leave the waters for another day.

Those are the same as mine.  I have attached it to a 15 litre water jug.  It is BLISS not having to fill up the water every single day.

Yeah, I bought a dozen of the cup waterers 18 months ago and they are still in the box. I thought that buying this one might inspire hubby to connect the others up to the gravity feed water tank. Up here for thinking :D

Pretty excited to post this morning that little Teila the frizzle Belgian laid her first egg this morning. While it is not much bigger than a quail egg it is a great first effort. :weee
Top picture from left Duck egg, Aussie egg, Sussex egg, Young marans egg, Araucana egg, Normal Belgian egg, Teilas egg and a quail egg.

Last edited:

Pretty excited to post this morning that little Teila the frizzle Belgian laid her first egg this morning. While it is not much bigger than a quail egg it is a great first effort. :weee
Top picture from left Duck egg, Aussie egg, Sussex egg, Young marans egg, Araucana egg, Normal Belgian egg, Teilas egg and a quail egg.

I went out and splurged on a new feeder today , I was a little concerned that they might not work out how to use it. Everyone was most curious and my Wyandotte rooster led the way. It took all of 30 seconds for them to establish that it was a food source. :D

I think we will leave the waters for another day.
congrats Satay on the new layer!! Fancy they figure out the waterers in a jiffy. The red attrcts them and they only have to peck at it once to realise theres water there.

2 new layers here this week too. Bronze muscovy duck on left is a girst egg and olive egger in the middle is a 2nd egg hefty egg for the size of her too.she's about the size of a pekin. The brown is a barnevelder and on right is a wheaten and splash araucana.

Awesome news Satay! I'm eagerly awaiting my Agnes's first egg too, as she's been crowing, submitting, and as of today, started displaying nesting behaviour. It'll be little, but oh so cute.

Hi, this is my first time posting - yay! (I'm in SEQ). just a question for the marans lovers out there, if I was to put a blue birchen marans rooster over a wheaton marans hen, will that possibly throw a blue through any offspring?

I have araucanas, marans, BR, speckle sussex, buff sussex, RIR.

Back
Top Bottom