Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I'd be inclined to poach it, but for boiled eggs , I cover with water , bring to boil and turn off , put a lid on and let stand for 5 mins.
smile.png
There's hardly enough egg to bother using a pot on. I might try getting the egg out and keeping it for an ornament.

She's beautiful, what is her colouring called?

EDIT: I got a teeny-tiny little egg from one of my new chickens. I wonder which one did it?
She's a lavender auracana who has always been genetically challenged but we love her anyway. She has some frightening ugly baby chick pics but has lots of character. : D

Fart eggs are very cute. I have two in the fridge I'm a bit squeamish to crack but I'm thinking fried - eventually. I can't see peeling them after boiling them leaving much to taste. Let me know how yours goes first.
big_smile.png

So true. Thankfully here there is no limit.
I have checked on our councils website and I can't find how many we can have. I'm not going to ask then I don't have to worry about it.
wink.png

We have 10 ISA's, 9 young australorps, 5 young silkies. Our neighbours have chooks too. Not sure what will happen when they grow up and we find some roos in the mix.
I've heard silkie roos are quiet. My granddaughters have told me we have to keep all of them. I want to hatch some more when it gets cooler. The ISA browns have always been very quiet except when they lay an egg.

aussie and penguin

blackie

blackie

brownie (not anymore more bluey)

ducky

midnight

tiger
my granddaughters named them, they are our babies. The german shepherd Bear like to keep an eye on things.

Back
Top Bottom