Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I can help you with that if your interested lol 😂

The black one is my boy (one of my silkie boys) but he’s won at the Royal Sydney as well as many others… I’m yet to get a win with him I got him after show season… and the buff girl is my Ginny who is undefeated for her class at Bathurst and lithgow I’ve also got a black girl but she doesn’t like photos atm she looks mangy from the boys lol 😂
:love
I will keep you in mind!! I have to make sure I have enough fox proof sleep cages/coops before I go getting more. Passed up a couple petshop silkies the other week, full to the brim house here atm.
This is Peaches and Hei Hei, they were my last two silkies. Hei Hei was my absolutely gorgeous boy, I loved everything about him!

Attachments

• 20221003_094744.jpg
    20221003_094744.jpg
    847.4 KB · Views: 1
Sounds like a plan!! 😂😂😂😂😂

I've got some tips for you on storing them b4 transport....apparently it's best to store them pointy side up for highest viability & keep them around 15 deg c. No turning needed. Best if not older than a week b4 incubation.

When do ya reckon u can come by?
Pfft no idea.. and it’s pointy side down..

Feathers :love
20221125_141801.jpg

Also how/when do you all decide you need to cull a chick? I have a little Buff who's just barely getting by. I honestly though it was dying yesterday, but today it's moving around and knows where food and water is. I am always one for giving them a chance, but also don't know if maybe I should be doing something else too?

Feathers :love
View attachment 3332538
Also how/when do you all decide you need to cull a chick? I have a little Buff who's just barely getting by. I honestly though it was dying yesterday, but today it's moving around and knows where food and water is. I am always one for giving them a chance, but also don't know if maybe I should be doing something else too?
Poor fella...yeah I know it's always difficult ..for me it really depends...I generally give it 2-3 days to see whether it's improved...if not I'll send the little guy off to heaven if it's in too much pain (eg. Crying continuously and not eating/drinking), deteoriorating, or not improving. I personally think if it's too weak in the first place you're really just selecting for weak genes...and with that comes a lot more work and energy too.....I don't thin it's ideal also especially if you're planning on breeding it. I know some people will think otherwise so it's entirely up to you in the end. I'm one to take a more practical stance.

Poor fella...yeah I know it's always difficult ..for me it really depends...I generally give it 2-3 days to see whether it's improved...if not I'll send the little guy off to heaven if it's in too much pain (eg. Crying continuously and not eating/drinking), deteoriorating, or not improving. I personally think if it's too weak in the first place you're really just selecting for weak genes...and with that comes a lot more work and energy too.....I don't thin it's ideal also especially if you're planning on breeding it. I know some people will think otherwise so it's entirely up to you in the end. I'm one to take a more practical stance.
I am just so surprised it's still alive, it has made it a week! I think maybe last time I had a close look at it it might have a kink in its neck? If I keep track of it I wouldn't breed it. I dont know, I'll make a decision at some point.

I am just so surprised it's still alive, it has made it a week! I think maybe last time I had a close look at it it might have a kink in its neck? If I keep track of it I wouldn't breed it. I dont know, I'll make a decision at some point.
Yeah chickens being prey animals are very good at hiding their injuries/pain to avoid looking vulnerable. Once they exhibit pain it usually means it's quite severe already.

We all just try to do the best we can. I had a chick who was fine the first 4 days of its life and then started shaking continuously like it had MS/cerebral palsy. It had stopped eating at that point and I had to euthanise it 2 days later to put it out if its misery. 🙁

Back
Top Bottom