Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Thanks! I'm not quite sure, they definitely don't look like my normal chicks do.
The first one (also in one of the group photos) looks like normal, but then the others have a slightly 'raised' look to the feathers, like they are trying to curl around but aren't quite making it.
I reckon there's some frizzles there ;)
The curls will slowly become more distinct.

@LozzyR here's G-man and Bela having a snack :)
And the chicks with their foster mum.
Anyone else see what I'm seeing with most of the chicks feathers? I think I might have to re-do my guess as to the dad, but I've never had frizzle chicks before so I'm not quite sure. @Somewhere_In_The_Clouds have you got any experience with what frizzles first feathers look like? I can get some more photos if it would help. (or just be patient...)
@MaryJanet I thought you might like to see as well. : )
Those babies are adorable! :love

You got G-man to eat from your hand?! He never did that for me! 😭

@LozzyR here's G-man and Bela having a snack :)
And the chicks with their foster mum.
Anyone else see what I'm seeing with most of the chicks feathers? I think I might have to re-do my guess as to the dad, but I've never had frizzle chicks before so I'm not quite sure. @Somewhere_In_The_Clouds have you got any experience with what frizzles first feathers look like? I can get some more photos if it would help. (or just be patient...)
@MaryJanet I thought you might like to see as well. : )
I love how there are two chicks hanging on to different ends of a bug :gig gimme! Gimme! Mine, gimme! No! Muuuum, he won't give it!

You got G-man to eat from your hand?! He never did that for me! 😭
I didn't do anything special either, I just said would you like some? And after thinking about it for a minute he decided that he did! And ever since then he comes up for it.
I think Betty helped show him how to as well...I miss that hen so bad sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom