Australorp Black Blue & Splash! POST PICS PLEASE!!!

This is a great question that I have wondered myself. I'm so glad that you asked, and that you both got an answer from Kurt.

This spring we are breeding 2 pens each of 12 Black Aussies/1 Blue Roo, and 1 pen of 10 Blue Aussies/1 Black Roo.
Last year we only bred black hens(from a hatchery) and blue roos (from Kurt). We did see some nice lacing.

Kurt is a very helpful person, and when it comes to breeder info about these Aussie's, he knows his stuff. It is good to ask him the questions, so that we can get this breed built up going correctly. I'm planning on ordering some of his BA hatching eggs soon, as that is the color that I am still lacking in.

Last edited:
Here's the 7 Australorp chicks from my New Years Day 2017 hatch. There are 7 splash, and 3 blue.

LL

I have 5 of them. They are half Orpington and half Australorp. I bred my black Australorps with a Blue Orpington Roo. This year I'm breeding my Orpington/Australorp crosses back to Australorps to make next gen 75% Autralorp with half of them being blue.

Yes, and I clicked on the pics to enlarge them. You can see the green sheen in the black.

I've got another girl that looks almost exactly like this one but she has sort of a red or brownish tint on her neck feathers. Same build and everything except that off color tint. It's easy to miss unless the sun hits it just right then it stands out.

Back
Top Bottom