Australorp or Jersey Giant?

These are Cackle Hatchery Jersey Giant chicks. Note how one has more yellow on her feet than her sister but the yellow color is there.

Here is a foot of the same birds but obviously older.

The yellow is very distinctive.

Remember, these are hatchery birds so they are not 'up to standards' but they do have a very distinctive yellow color on the bottom of their feet.

Recently purchased two JG pullets from a serious private breeder. While the difference is obvious the yellow is there on the bottom of their feet. Once they are out of quarantine, I will have photos for comparison.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
They weren't that yellow, but they are kind of yellow. Their nails are yellow. Australorps have white nails.

Also, their feet were a lot more yellow when they were little. Now the yellow has kind of faded.

I actually don't think that their feet were that yellow. The larger one had all black feet and the smaller one has whitish yellow feet. Their nails are yellow. Are they jerseys?

I am not a she. I read that if they have any yellow, they are not australorps, they are jersey giants. They definitely have some yellow.

Back
Top Bottom