Australorps breed Thread

G'day folks,
completely agree that our pics rarely do our birds justice. They're terrible posers! However, I've not noticed much rubbishing of birds on this thread. Folks are generally very encouraging, whether the birds are Utility strains or Exhibition. Most of us started off with Utility stock. Dan, I understand your frustration with the 'trivial stuff', but, as a lover of the breed, I'm all in favour of encouraging novices. Today's novice may be 'tomorrow's' champion breeder! If cute chick pics etc. attract folks to the breed I reckon that's a positive. Only my opinion, but I think that the idea of separate threads is a bit elitist. I still reckon that a better idea would be to have a version of the thread with the 'trivia' edited out at regular intervals. This would save newcomers having to wade through hundreds of posts of only short-term interest to get to the 'useful' stuff. Please stick with it, Dan. I'm sure I'm not the only one who admires your passion for the breed and enjoys hearing about your BA journey. We've all been p'd off with stuff that's been posted at times. If only the rest of us could maintain Ron-like composure, there'd be less 'issues'!
Happy hatching Geoff
Geoff, this is still the United States of America. Who would YOU suggest to decide what is 'trivia' and be the one with the hatchet?

EDIT: This is called the Australorps breed Thread. Nowhere do I see that it has been established essentially for those who wish to advance the Heritage Australorp dogma.

All respect...

RON

Last edited:
Geoff, this is still the United States of America. Who would YOU suggest to decide what is 'trivia' and be the one with the hatchet?

EDIT: This is called the Australorps breed Thread. Nowhere do I see that it has been established essentially for those who wish to advance the Heritage Australorp dogma.

All respect...

RON

Completely agree that someone would need to 'wield the hatchet', but I don't think it needs to be equated with any form of censorship. The regular thread would still be there! The edited thread could just contain information. I think this is a great site for people to enquire about BA sources etc and it'd be good to have a breeders' listing, for example. However, is stuff like," I had five chicks hatch today' really of any long-term interest? There's also a lot of stuff not directly related to BA's that wouldn't be missed. Personally I'd be happy to trust the one constant on the thread, the one who always expresses the calm, 'voice of reason' on here. Ron, of course!
Regards Geoff

Ron,
just like to add that while I totally agree that this is not the Heritage BA site, it still includes those who wish to seriously breed this form. I certainly wasn't suggesting that the only stuff of long-term interest relates to Heritage breeding. Just wanted to clarify that, mate.
Cheers Geoff

Ron,
just like to add that while I totally agree that this is not the Heritage BA site, it still includes those who wish to seriously breed this form. I certainly wasn't suggesting that the only stuff of long-term interest relates to Heritage breeding. Just wanted to clarify that, mate.
Cheers Geoff

Thanks Geoff...

The post that got my 'reaction' didn't show me that you were talking about two separate threads. And please understand, I feel like we are already under attack in this country from within, in my opinion, so I hope you will excuse what will certainly seem to be an 'over-reaction'.

Ron

Completely agree that someone would need to 'wield the hatchet', but I don't think it needs to be equated with any form of censorship. The regular thread would still be there! The edited thread could just contain information. I think this is a great site for people to enquire about BA sources etc and it'd be good to have a breeders' listing, for example. However, is stuff like," I had five chicks hatch today' really of any long-term interest? There's also a lot of stuff not directly related to BA's that wouldn't be missed. Personally I'd be happy to trust the one constant on the thread, the one who always expresses the calm, 'voice of reason' on here. Ron, of course!
Regards Geoff
I could go along with that! I believe his name is Ron Ottman.
thumbsup.gif

Quote by groche (in part): Elitist? .... really? Who is going to determine what posts are trivial and which one's are not? Why post to the thread only to have it wiped out by someone who considers it too trivial to be allowed on the thread? I was unaware that the Australorps Breed thread was to be limited to those with only show quality and high gene pools. Isn't this thread meant for all people who have Australorps? What you may consider non-useful information may be just what a person like me would find useful indeed. JMHO...off my soap box.
caf.gif

Elitist? .... really? Who is going to determine what posts are trivial and which one's are not? Why post to the thread only to have it wiped out by someone who considers it too trivial to be allowed on the thread? I was unaware that the Australorps Breed thread was to be limited to those with only show quality and high gene pools. Isn't this thread meant for all people who have Australorps? What you may consider non-useful information may be just what a person like me would find useful indeed. JMHO...off my soap box.
caf.gif

Please read my posts more carefully as I think you'll find that I am mostly in agreement with you. What I'm talking about is stuff like this conversation we're having now. Is it likely to be of long-term interest or use to anyone? I'm just suggesting a catch-up version of the thread that deletes stuff like this but includes all information re keeping BA's. Might avoid the amount of repetition of stuff like sexing chicks for example. A newcomer to the thread really has to wade through a lot of posts that contain no info. about keeping the breed. Anyway, I've had my say, and I repeat that I've never suggested that the thread should be limited to show quality. It shouldn't be excluded though, surely?????
Cheers Geoff

Geoff, this is still the United States of America.  Who would YOU suggest to decide what is 'trivia' and be the one with the hatchet?

[COLOR=FF0000]EDIT: [/COLOR]This is called the [COLOR=B22222]Australorps breed Thread. [/COLOR]Nowhere do I see that it has been established  essentially for those who wish to advance the Heritage Australorp  dogma.

All respect...

RON

ron-swanson-rules.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom