Australorps breed Thread

Yup. Now I'm jealous. I need to get some eggs, or chicks, from you...

All. Every one. Twenty chicks. That I hatched six weeks ago are roosters. There's two that might turn out to be pullets, but this line is notorious for early and easy sexing.... I could cry. Im down to seven or eight, but at least I will have a few roosters to pick from to carry on.

All. Every one. Twenty chicks. That I hatched six weeks ago are roosters. There's two that might turn out to be pullets, but this line is notorious for early and easy sexing.... I could cry. Im down to seven or eight, but at least I will have a few roosters to pick from to carry on.

Wow. That is *unbelievable.* I remember earlier someone's son did the math, and it's something like 1/5,000 odds of hatching a dozen straight roosters. Pretty amazing!

Sorry for your rooster luck. :/

MrsB

Don't panic just yet, everyone said mine was definatly a rooster at 6 weeks but at 12 weeks it's pretty obvious it's a girl.

If at twelve weeks you still have all roosters I'd buy a lottery ticket as that's some bad luck and you would be due for some good ;-)

Are these Aussies or another breed ? At different times most chicks look like roos ..time will tell .
My 1/2 Aussie I thought was a boy ....turns out it is a girl ? as my Roo mated with it .

Are these Aussies or another breed ? At different times most chicks look like roos ..time will tell .
My 1/2 Aussie I thought was a boy ....turns out it is a girl ? as my Roo mated with it .
They both look like pullets.

It is hard to tell from the pictures. White australorps are rare though.

Back
Top Bottom