Australorps breed Thread

I still wouldn't lick an egg shell any more than I would drink water out of a cow track...
old.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
...I wouldnt either ...
tongue.gif

I wash the eggs with plain water ...when they are clean... I do a second rinse with white vinegar in the water ..to anti bacterial it

lau.gif
...I wouldnt either ...
tongue.gif

I wash the eggs with plain water ...when they are clean... I do a second rinse with white vinegar in the water ..to anti bacterial it
We almost NEVER wash our eggs, not even when we were selling to the public.

We are anal about keeping nest boxes clean (please pardon the pun...almost intended) but simply brushed any egg that didn't suit the conditions that were understood by our clients. If somehow an egg gets too soiled to be cleaned up by brushing/wiping with a stiff towel, we put the egg in our supply and wash it just before preparing it for ourselves.

I had Not heard that ...I always thought eating raw eggs was a macho thing ..
I have never wormed my chickens or ever seen any sign of worms in them .

Maybe the Apple cider vinegar in their water makes a bad environment for worms ?
I also give them chopped raw onions or hot pepper flakes or cayenne pepper in their treats occasionally

Raw egg white is also good for putting on a burn ..
I antibacterial all my eggs by putting some white vinegar in the last rinse then let them dry ..

I had a burn on my stomach & leg from the boiling hot water coming out of a pressure cooker .
( It was my fault ..I was in a hurry to do the next lot ...and opened it while it still had pressure )
I opened it & it sprayed out at my stomach & leg  ....It hurt horribly ...I put a cold wash cloth on it ...
the minute I took it off it hurt again ..I searched the internet for a remedy ..
Found Raw egg whites ..
Tried it ....Instant Relief ....it stopped hurting immediately ! ...only a few spots on my stomach blistered with time .
I applied it twice a day & let it dry each time ..After a year ..you can hardly even tell I was burned there .
It healed so nicely ...
Yep! That will do it. I have had to do that one too many times. You can also heat it just a little bit to bring acne to a head. After the bacteria is out you can put the raw egg white to clear the blemish spot, so there is no darkening of the skin. #GrandmothersKnowEveryhing

All of a sudden one of my Aussie hybrids is getting very red in the face while her sisters remain pale. With her physical changes there appears to be a change occurring in their pecking order as well as in her behaviors. She's suddenly much more friendly with me and much more assertive with the rest of the flock. And her feathers are FINALLY beginning to get that lovely green iridescence (though it didn't show up in the photo). It's really quite fascinating to watch.

All of a sudden one of my Aussie hybrids is getting very red in the face while her sisters remain pale. With her physical changes there appears to be a change occurring in their pecking order as well as in her behaviors. She's suddenly much more friendly with me and much more assertive with the rest of the flock. And her feathers are FINALLY beginning to get that lovely green iridescence (though it didn't show up in the photo). It's really quite fascinating to watch.
Look at those wattles! Mama is on her way to paying rent. ;) MrsB

Back
Top Bottom