Australorps breed Thread

Thought Id share some photos of my gal now she is almost ready to lay. Hopefully should be any day now! and she is now the largest bird in our flock, even larger than the faverolles. As she is still just a teen it will be interesting how she fills out over the next few months.

Only thing Im not sure about is the pale beak. Its hard to know if that matters or not as there is no standard for this colour. I am guessing its just to do with her being a splash?

Last edited:
Thought Id share some photos of my gal now she is almost ready to lay. Hopefully should be any day now! and she is now the largest bird in our flock, even larger than the faverolles. As she is still just a teen it will be interesting how she fills out over the next few months.

Only thing Im not sure about is the pale beak. Its hard to know if that matters or not as there is no standard for this colour. I am guessing its just to do with her being a splash?
She gorgeous! Love the Silkie too!

Thought Id share some photos of my gal now she is almost ready to lay. Hopefully should be any day now! and she is now the largest bird in our flock, even larger than the faverolles. As she is still just a teen it will be interesting how she fills out over the next few months. Only thing Im not sure about is the pale beak. Its hard to know if that matters or not as there is no standard for this colour. I am guessing its just to do with her being a splash?
Golly, has it been five months *already*?? How they grow. :) She. Is. Stunning. Interesting question regarding beak color. I'm curious to know, too. ♡ MrsB

Be still, my heart.

MrsB

Just curious...have these colors (other than solid black) always been around or are they relatively new?

I don't know to be honest. I tried googling to no avail as well. The white has been around since about 1949 according to the australian australorp club. Blue I'm going to guess has been round a little while since it's a judgeable colour and being added to a standard is never a quick process.

The splash I would guess is the newest kid on the block since it's still not an accepted colour in the standard.

I don't know to be honest. I tried googling to no avail as well. The white has been around since about 1949 according to the australian australorp club. Blue I'm going to guess has been round a little while since it's a judgeable colour and being added to a standard is never a quick process.

The splash I would guess is the newest kid on the block since it's still not an accepted colour in the standard.

splash is part of the blue genetics. You only get to show the blue ones though.

Back
Top Bottom