Australorps Breeding for SOP and Exhibition Thread

Pics
No, since this is an SOP thread we are supposed to put up pictures for others to critique.

I would love to have her picked apart.

Ha! So it is. I forgot for a second where I was and mistook this for the General Breed discussion thread... Carry on!

I would say, though, that Matt is spot on. :)

She's got a lot of floofy "undercarriage" and resembles a lavender Orpington to me.

(Still a gorgeous lady.)

MrsB

She is to loose feathered, especially in the skirt and some cushion in back. The tail appears to be pinched and the color needs improvement...no/poor lacing.

Matt

Matt, On the side view, what makes you think her tail is pinched ? Trying to learn
frow.gif

Matt, On the side view, what makes you think her tail is pinched ? Trying to learn
frow.gif

This is a picture before molting:

It is a bit pinched. They do have a cushion so they would need more breeding to get them away from the Oringtons that Hupp farm used to get the blue genetics going for them.

Yes, I believe the standard calls for tighter body feathers and smooth sweep on the back without transition. Perhaps the tail is a little high unless it's the way she's standing at the moment. Are you going to breed her back to a black with a clean face? She looks big!

Yes, I believe the standard calls for tighter body feathers and smooth sweep on the back without transition. Perhaps the tail is a little high unless it's the way she's standing at the moment. Are you going to breed her back to a black with a clean face? She looks big!
I would do that--The cock birds were eaten by raccoons at the place I was keeping them. I am looking for someone that has some nice quality BAs.

Hupp Farms will not ship any more.

idunno.gif
I had a 75% hatch rate on them when he shipped them to me, which is very good. I was a very happy customer.

You might have to drive there. It can't be that far.
I drove from Peterborough to Banff once in 48hrs by myself, up to the Yukon and back then back to Peterborough in 42hrs. I put on 11800km in 15days with 6 days of rest.

You might have to drive there. It can't be that far.
I drove from Peterborough to Banff once in 48hrs by myself, up to the Yukon and back then back to Peterborough in 42hrs. I put on 11800km in 15days with 6 days of rest.

That is a good idea!

I will have to see what I can arrange--There used to be an egg train that would help get hatching eggs to people.

Back
Top Bottom