Automatic Chicken Coop Door - Auto Closes Coop - Beta Version 1.0

Quote:
I've only owned one car I my lifetime with pop-up headlights and they were vacuum operated. No electric motor at all. I know because I had to replace one. That was a long time ago so things may have changed since then.

Here is one off a ferio I think....

Motor.gif

One off an 80s firebird would work good too.

Great pic, Marlon. Thanks. It looks like about 225 degrees of shaft rotation on that actuator. I wonder if it could be adjusted. Wow! Lot's of possibilities. I really like to stay with 12VDC on all components so that we can use a solar charger on an automotive wet (or gel) cell battery.

Off topic . . . where did you find that .gif file for the headlight actuator? Very nice.

Larry

Deleted because I can't figure out how to add a "Utube" video..........
he.gif

Ron

Last edited:
Renron - click on the WORD-LINK button near the top of the Post a reply screen. Then delete the words "YourLinkGoesHere" in the middle of the provided script. Insert the web address of the Utube video you want us to look at.

But now that I'm sitting here looking at the script that is provided I see that there is a syntax error in it. You must also replace the = sign with a ] sign.

It might be easier to just type the following: put_your_web_address_here[/img]. Give it a try again.

Thanks Doopy!
I have not taken the time to learn HTML language, I'm more of a hardware side guy. Thank you for the correction to the syntax script, I hope a moderator is listening.

I have seen so many posts on this thread and others asking for a cheap automatic door opener, This one looks very good and actually may last for more than a couple of months.
One of my hobbies is creating animatronics for Halloween and I have learned that KISS principal is the format to reliability, less complicated the better.
Most folks don't want to learn to write a program for a PicAxe chip.........no matter how easy it might be...(for some)
smile.png
It is a reliable design otherwise.
flEbay has some CHEAP cheap cheap cordless drills with transformer / battery chargers that would work perfectly for this design.
I have no relation to the folks who designed this unit, but recognize a good design when I see one. The next best design IMO, is the one with a lineal actuator, a real one, not a car antenna.

I thought this design might draw more attention if a picture was included.
big_smile.png

Ron

Back
Top Bottom