Avian influenza found in South Carolina

Pics
Right! I am worried about their inability to run around. My birds have space, but it's nothing like them running around with their wings spread wide while free ranging and spotting you across the yard with some treats. I imagine they don't understand why they're not getting treats like before. They always get a bowl of wet mash every day so it's not like a treat here, it's just wet food

I keep losing this thread.

I keep waiting for alerts that my orders have been canceled because of this
Me too, Jacin. Luckily I have 12 ordered inter-state so I should be ok to get them. If my shipped egg order is canceled, I may grab a dozen barnyard mix from a seller 20 minutes from me or the same hatchery I ordered from which would be 2 hours drive round trip but worth it just to grab a few more…Second set of chicks are ordered from Iowa (McMurray), eggs are flying in from Idaho (Meyer). I am really hoping states don’t block shipped birds and eggs. But preparing just in case…

Backyard flock sorta near Bloomington IL

Screenshot_20220312-145529.png

Any idea how long we should exercise precautions for? I am not finding much useful information from official sources. Are we just to keep holding biosecurity measure until we see how the situations develop?

Poor birds gonna have some serious cabin fever, but I guess that beats the flu.
Well I'd assume it will go along with migrations. In 2015 it died down in July.

Back
Top Bottom