Awesome Genetic info on Buttons and Coturnix Quail!

Yeah
smile.png

I have browns (jumbos), and they are from Sams old line, and boy are they big!

I am getting some A&M hatching eggs from Cat soon.

I was hoping Sam would create his black coturnix! I was looking forward to that so much
sad.png

Quote:
hehe it's neat huh! I can't wait to play with that one in the spring!

After going to the breeders I went to today i have more info I need to add to my coturnix quail info part....but i probably wont get to it until monday too busy!!!

I got MORE coturnix quail hatching eggs!!!!!! 54 to be exact!
big_smile.png
PLus my 20 adults!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have some jumbos from Sam as well, 1 golden male "Hawn", and a few browns.
smile.png

My "pharoahs" (i have in quotes because soem are as big as the jumbos---and one is a tux, and theo ther is a tibe and they were supposed to be all pharoah browns i dont mind though ofcourse)!
big_smile.png
I got them from redoakgamebirds.com
big_smile.png

ANd now my 20 newbies I got from a breeder who got her lines from mixed sources so I've got an amazing supply of lines eek!
big_smile.png

So.... years later, did anything come of this? I can not find anything about a confirmed hybrid. I recently received some quail and guessed them to be coturnix. But, the only female of 6 birds is much smaller, but same amount of feathering, so I assume same age. Seems they were a class project. I wonder if she is a button quail of the same color. I want to breed coturnix for meat, so a female would be real handy.
smile.png
I will get to see the other 6 (I picked 6 out of 12 from my hair dresser, as he is the one they were given to) and if there is more than one female, I'm taking it, LOL! I don't trust that this tiny girl can give me fertile eggs.

Hello all! Just thought I'd share my new hatchling pics here :) I had my buttons in a big "coop" colony style for the winter but all five breeding pairs are seperated into aquarium s now. So these chicks will be all mixed colors but so much fun! I had 13 hatched last week and three more hatch today with about thirty more in the bator!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Looks like one might be a silver tuxedo! There are no tuxedo coloring showing on my breeders so very excited to have another color! :) hopefully I get a pair of them! Note in the bator..:D

Back
Top Bottom