AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

cluckcluckluke

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 10, 2012
The Foothills Of Chickendom
Does anyone here on BYC breed or even own this majestically breed?
It has totally engulfed me and I am seriously considering moving to American or Indonesia ( from Aus ) just to own a chicken!!!

Anyone who doesn't know of this breed MUST!

This breed of chicken originates from Indonesia. It has jet black ink feathering with a green or purple sheen, it's skin is black and if you cut open this crazy black bird you will find all it's organs, muscle and bones to be black. The only 'light' this bird has is it's cream - off white coloured eggs.
This bird is also known as the "Lamborghini of the chicken world."
This bird is so rare and sought after for it's 'magical' properties that a breeder in Indonesia sells his stock for $2,500 PER, yes that is PER BIRD!!! and $5,000 for a pair and yes, he does sell them and often.

I now believe there are stock in America that where brought over from Indonesia despite the USDA export ban on importing live chickens from Indonesia.

Greenfire Farms has stock here -----> http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/ayam-cemani/ not sure how much they sell them for but you do have to place a $100 deposit on the selling birds.

Here is a picture of an Ayam Cemani rooster.

I recently bought two pairs from Green Fire Farms and I will let everyone know about them in next three months. Thanks

Quote:
so just anecdotal evidence? no proper studies on the matter
Yep, anectdotal. No proper studies to prove or exaustively disprove it that I could find. Has anyone scientifically described the very most extreme examples of fibromelanosis? If it does exist and is so rare, I would imagine someone would have to bring it to the attention of researchers to describe.

Ur welcome, Randy2010...
Many people in here looking pure ones and they dont care with high price.. Like a few weeks ago, somene came to my place
For looking ayam cemani and I said just check by ur self chicken in here.. (because what we have grade 2.. purple tounge, red but more to black eye, purple skin and black blood...)
Ayam cemani have one habbit, they like eat their own feathers...

managed to upload one

Last edited:
I agree!!! I hear ppl talking about culling all the time. I've never been able to! It is hard to tell when there little hatchlings! U may be able to tell better once they get there big kid feathers! For expample. My devil birds layed a egg that that a black & yellow chick but to this day that little devil is jet black with bright red horns. And even growls! Lol. He is scary to walk up on in the dark!!!

The feet are black green, but the fingertips are green yellow. And the tongue are geen yellow too.
The parents are german, i bought the eggs to Portugal. The seller has guarantied that they are showbirds, came to germany from Denmark, Czech Republic and Germany.

So, you recommend me culling that chick, or make a selection in their offspring?
If that is your only chick, keep it. If you have lots, cull it to keep it out of the line. Turn it into a layer. The eggs are very nice. But Cemani chicks should not have yellow or green (willow) anywhere).

The more selective you are (meaning culling), the faster your breeding program will improve. Unlike other breeds, the defining characteristic of the breed is that it is ALL BLACK. If it is not, then it is more appropriately called a Kedu.

i found some from a breeder in Indonesia there are some one month old for 275 each and there are fertile eggs for shipping that are pricey but not as pricey as others i have found it looks like i am going to buy 12 eggs from here.

These birds are all black there organs there bones there skin everything about them is black except for there blood witch is a very dark shade of red
:ya

http://www.cemanifarms.com/p/ayam-cemani.html

It is illegal to import eggs or chickens from Indonesia. That site will take your money and your eggs will get confiscated by the USDA as soon as they reach the U.S. Don't waste your time or money as there are plenty of legally imported Cemani that came from Europe.

I wish Cemani Farms would stop telling people that they can import them. That is completely false. If you need verification of the ban, just call the nice people at the USDA in Maryland.

I am in the process of importing a new line from Europe. So if you are patient, I will be adding another line for sale unrelated to the other ones already here. I hope to begin sales of the new line next summer.

Back
Top Bottom