King Corrin

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2019
New York State
Hi, I’m relatively new here. I have a small flock of cemanis now but I am looking to expand my flock. I am looking for reasonably priced and reasonable quailty cemanis. I would like females because I already have multiple roosters. I would need them to be shipped unless you are in the general NY area. Thank you. Any responses are appreciated. =]

How are Cemani? I think They're lovely looking but I require some cold hardy and street smart if not wily breeds to keep my flock safe from yotes. The fanciest birds are my polish who I keep tophats trimmed so they can see, they're good flyers, though they will shiver below 25F° so not the cold hardest though I love them.

How are Cemani? I think They're lovely looking but I require some cold hardy and street smart if not wily breeds to keep my flock safe from yotes. The fanciest birds are my polish who I keep tophats trimmed so they can see, they're good flyers, though they will shiver below 25F° so not the cold hardest though I love them.
I would say that they are very intelligent. They are in my experience decent escape artist and decent flyers too. They are also ok with resistance against cold so long as it’s not below 15F they seem fine when it gets to these temps usually I turn on a heat lamp and they go about and do their thing. With predators I’ve noticed their ok evading the foxes here but I’ve only ever had a Fox kill 1 cemani so far I’ve never had a Fox kill another one since then.

I have some Cemani eggs in the bator right now. I just sold the last of my pullets but there will be more. My Cemani are just a bit better than my polish with the cold. They need a heat lamp.

Back
Top Bottom