B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

IMG_3429.JPG

I had to go into the Dorking coop for something not even related to chickens and took a picture of them roosting. Forgot I had the picture and while sorting files on the computer I found it. Thought I would share it. Silver Grey Dorking's roosting on a bamboo pole.

Let's start a B.Y.C. Dorking Club! Feel free to join if you have Dorkings, want Dorkings, like Dorkings, are going to get dorkings, are interested in Dorkings, etc. Sign right up!
frow.gif
Thanks. Don't mind if I do. I have an occasional laying hen (Mrs. D. ) and a cocky one-eyed jack named Mister, Mister. He's the meanest roo I've ever encountered most of the time. Because of his breed I keep the ornery rascal. Despite his ways, I've grown to love this rescued pair of dumplings very much. And thanks again for this thread. We needed it. We'll show you how much as we chirp in.

View attachment 1935941
I had to go into the Dorking coop for something not even related to chickens and took a picture of them roosting. Forgot I had the picture and while sorting files on the computer I found it. Thought I would share it. Silver Grey Dorking's roosting on a bamboo pole.
Now that's a nice flock all roosting together. Sure would look good on a calendar, don't you think?

Quote:

I emailed her about colored dorking eggs. I keep telling myself that I'm keeping with a limit of three breeds. I'm already on lists for at least 8 different breeds.
lol.png
Guess, just like us, you're head over tails in love with Cluckers, too. You fit right into our family. Stop sweating the small stuff and fly along with the rest of us. We specialize in chicken math, don't you know.

IMG_3325.JPG

Young Pullet waiting to grow up and join the breeding flock.
----
IMG_2997.JPG

These juvenile birds and the rest to follow are only 3/4 Dorking and 1/4 Red Ranger. I needed to add genetic Diversity. Using Red Rangers I will end up creating a variety of Dorking Patterns including the Silver Grey I started with.
-----------
IMG_2998.JPG

I will be working with ones like this guy to create a Light Dorking (columbian pattern) I want to come up with a pattern that will dress out nicely for those who pluck their birds. I personally do not care because I skin my birds.. any pattern works for me.
-------------
IMG_3219.JPG

Not exactly the shade of red for a Red Dorking but this Pullet seems to be retaining her grand mothers red (Red Ranger).
-------------
IMG_3192.JPG

A Young 3/4 Dorking Cockerel, I will likely be eating him.
---------
IMG_3332.JPG

Another table candidate.

I was wondering if anybody had pictures of Dorkings from Murray McMurray. I just ordered some that shipped out today and would like to see what they looked like. there are probably some earlier in this thread but i would like to see if anybody had more recent ones before I go scrolling through. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom