B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Hello! I am slowly working my way through the thread but wanted to introduce myself as I did! I currently raise Bielefelders and am getting started in Dorkings as well. I just placed my first order for Colored Dorkings from Sand Hill. I have heard chicks from Sand Hill can be hit or miss so I am interested in getting some chicks or eggs from another source as well. I am sure I will be asking questions on how to improve my stock from the "pros" but wanted to go ahead and introduce myself! So far I haven't found much info on the colored variety, but the few pictures I have found sure are pretty! And the personality seems to be a lot like the Bielefelders that I am addicted to! Can't wait to dive in!

Hello! I am slowly working my way through the thread but wanted to introduce myself as I did! I currently raise Bielefelders and am getting started in Dorkings as well. I just placed my first order for Colored Dorkings from Sand Hill. I have heard chicks from Sand Hill can be hit or miss so I am interested in getting some chicks or eggs from another source as well. I am sure I will be asking questions on how to improve my stock from the "pros" but wanted to go ahead and introduce myself! So far I haven't found much info on the colored variety, but the few pictures I have found sure are pretty! And the personality seems to be a lot like the Bielefelders that I am addicted to! Can't wait to dive in!
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC Dorking Club!!

Post pictures when you get your Colored Dorking chicks! Would love to see the them!! I have been raising Silver Grey Dorkings for about two years and I'm waiting on a Red Dorking chick order to arrive, hopefully, they will come tomorrow!!
love.gif
I'm just a little excited!!
Nancy

I used to have a Silver Dorking roo- Wesley. He was beautiful and one of the nicest roosters I've ever had. He was a vigilant protector of his ladies, and was never aggressive towards us once. Here he is making sure they're safe while they beg for treats!

I am still working my way through the thread (up to 2012 now!) but so far I haven't seen these questions asked. Can you sex Dorking chicks at birth? Just curious! Also, do the different color types of Dorkings have different color down as chicks? We ordered colored, red and light grey varieties and I was wondering if we will be able to tell them apart!

Also, does anyone have colored hatching eggs available? I am located in Indiana but won't be picky about where they come from!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom