B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

If you want to hatch your own, Dr. Bramwell at the University of Arkansas Fayetteville has a wonderful breeding program with the silver grays. You must pick up the eggs and they do not give out chicks or birds just eggs, but they are free when they have extras available.

If you are interested, pm me and I can get you more info. :)

He got out of the dorkings. He told me that they just didn't thrive and hatch well.

I have two pair of Red Dorkings from the Roger Tice line. I had 8 pullets last fall, but dogs killed 1 rooster and 6 hens. I have an order in from the breeder I got these eggs from. I would love some critique on these one I get a chance to get some pictures of them out of the mud (which might be June at this rate) if anyone is willing to take a look.

He got out of the dorkings. He told me that they just didn't thrive and hatch well.
frow.gif
Yep, I found that out after that post.

I too am ready to be done with the mud. I think we get spring next week here.
wee.gif

Hope you are able to feed without a flashlight now.
big_smile.png

Thank you, Yes I did find it, but it doesn't seem like I'm going to get the help I was hoping for.

honestly, it's kind of the wrong season to get more than chicks right now... like many others, I've thinned my over winter load, now I'm just waiting for eggs to start hatching.

I have been informed by my employer that due to the AI scare, I have to disperse my entire flock prior to Sunday. I have two pair of Red Dorkings from the Roger Tice line that would make a great beginning to a flock for these. Due to the time frame and the quarantines that everyone is imposing, I am sure that live shipments are out.

Is there anyone within driving distance of Fort Smith that would like these birds?

Let me know,

Crystal

honestly, it's kind of the wrong season to get more than chicks right now...  like many others, I've thinned my over winter load, now I'm just waiting for eggs to start hatching.

Oh, I didn't realize that. I've a lot of research and now that I've finally made up my mind, I'm a little excited. I guess I fit into the "I know enough to be dangerous" category.;) When would be the best time to acquire a starter flock?

Back
Top Bottom