B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

I have pics of my Silver Grey even though your probably not talking to me :p
No you're. Absolutely fine thank you I was talking to everyone! I want to see and hear about everyone's SGD and RD roosters hens etc all of them please. Different ages and colors anything you have. Hatchery. Breeder/heritage. Show stock anything. Please. How about the roos do they suffer frost bite easily? We do live in southern WI and this week's we're in the single digits with wind chills wouldn't surprise me if they're below zero.
Truthfully, if you wind up with SGDs as nice as mine have been so far, you may never even WANT to consider another breed. I am constantly blown away by their incredible sweetness and can't wait to see what they're like when mature.
Oh yay!!! :) we will still have to keep another couple breeds and breed at least one other. I have promised DH2B that we would try buckeyes at some point. Lol Do Dorkings only come in SG or red?

No you're. Absolutely fine thank you I was talking to everyone! I want to see and hear about everyone's SGD and RD roosters hens etc all of them please. Different ages and colors anything you have. Hatchery. Breeder/heritage. Show stock anything. Please.

How about the roos do they suffer frost bite easily? We do live in southern WI and this week's we're in the single digits with wind chills wouldn't surprise me if they're below zero.
Oh yay!!!
smile.png
we will still have to keep another couple breeds and breed at least one other. I have promised DH2B that we would try buckeyes at some point. Lol

Do Dorkings only come in SG or red?

No. There are also colored and white. I'm not sure about colors beyond that.

I got mine from a fairly new breeder that got them from an established breeder: http://horstmanspoultry.com/home.html

No. There are also colored and white. I'm not sure about colors beyond that. 

I got mine from a fairly new breeder that got them from an established breeder: http://horstmanspoultry.com/home.html

There are:
Cuckoo
Red
Black
White (rose only)
Light grey
Dark grey
Silver grey
Coloured.
Just about all of them can have either rose or single comb except the white dorking.
There are also receive genes in all colors of dorking that affect what they look like. For example. I have a red dorking that has it. He looks just like a coloured dorking.

There are:
Cuckoo
Red
Black
White (rose only)
Light grey
Dark grey
Silver grey
Coloured.
Just about all of them can have either rose or single comb except the white dorking.
There are also receive genes in all colors of dorking that affect what they look like. For example. I have a red dorking that has it. He looks just like a coloured dorking.

Interesting. I would love to see the roo you were talking about. Oddly ove only ever heard of the silver grays. Does anyone have any of the other varieties! Does anyone know of any place that sells silver gray or other varieties with Rose combs?

Although I love my single combed birds I do think that for our climate rose combed would be better. I am of course mostly thinking of the roos were we to keep one.

Interesting. I would love to see the roo you were talking about. Oddly ove only ever heard of the silver grays. Does anyone have any of the other varieties! Does anyone know of any place that sells silver gray or other varieties with Rose combs?

Although I love my single combed birds I do think that for our climate rose combed would be better. I am of course mostly thinking of the roos were we to keep one.

this is my pretty, recessive gene red male.
And next year I should be breeding white rose combed babies. Check with the sustainable poultry network. I have red and will be breeding them this year. I'm considering shipping.

Interesting. I would love to see the roo you were talking about. Oddly ove only ever heard of the silver grays. Does anyone have any of the other varieties! Does anyone know of any place that sells silver gray or other varieties with Rose combs? Although I love my single combed birds I do think that for our climate rose combed would be better. I am of course mostly thinking of the roos were we to keep one.
A few pics of my SGD flock. They turn 8 weeks old this weekend.
this is my pretty, recessive gene red male. And next year I should be breeding white rose combed babies. Check with the sustainable poultry network. I have red and will be breeding them this year. I'm considering shipping.
Thanks guys keep them coming!! Your roo is beautiful. I would love to see more images everyone don't stop keep them coming. Any other things that make the breed everyone's favorite? Okay are you talking about the livestock conservancy?

I have the chance of getting a small flock of dorkings. There are 3 red hens and one red rooster. There is also one silver grey rooster. All of his hens were killed by dogs. My only option for now is to house them all together. What kind of chicks could I expect to get if the silver male breed one of the red hens? I would love to get some silver grey hens in the future.

Back
Top Bottom