baby boy crowed first time!

oldchickenlady

Songster
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Cabot, AR
My baby boy silver laced wyandotte roo crowed for the first time this morning! He has a fairly 'manly' crow, too for one so young. I let them out of the pen then went in the house to finish getting ready for work. When I came back out they were on the front porch (of course) and my roo was crowing right under one of my 20 y/o son's bedroom window! I laughed all the way to the truck! I hope he is still alive when I get home tonight...

That's what I thought too! Gooood Rooster!
wink.png

I agree... I have a cockerel that recently started to try to crow. He is sounding better but in the beginning he sounded pretty pathetic.

Last edited:
Aww. My 3mo rir just started crowing last week. I was so proud!! I have a Delaware roo too but he hasn't crowed yet. I don't think anyway.

I have 2 roos and in the last month or so they have both started crowing, I LOVE CROWING, I don't live in the city so they dont bother anyone. They get into crowing contests most of the day now though and it is slightly annoying at times lol. Its funny how you get used to their particular crowing, I know both of their individual sounds so I always know which is which without even seeing them lol

Back
Top Bottom