Baby Butter

I was just thinking off Butter then I saw this! Love the pics, she looks so laid back
cool.png
I wonder if she knows she's a chicken!

I cant beleave it . Butter is about 5 months old now , seems longer and shorter then it should.
Guess what miss butter did today. Well she had been sitting around going baaaaaaaaaaawk aaaaaak aaaaaaaaak aaaaaak over and over again I let her out and she did it I put her in her sleep box and she did it , I tried to hold her and she did it . I wonderd if maybe she was thinking about laying an egg though Im not sure why this would make her so noisy befor hand.
WELL Butter just laid an egg like 20 minutes ago and she carried on quite a ruckus afterwards lol
I just cant beleave that baby butter laid an egg

The very first Butter egg . Why does it have all those teeny teeny tiny white speckles ?

Last edited:
OMG Butter all grown up and laying! It feels like the other day when she was this cute little fluff ball scooting around in her Butter mobile. Time flies!

I've seen eggs with those little white spots before. I think it's calcium deposits. Since it's her very first egg I wouldn't worry.

I know I think I must have counted it wwrong some how I'm q dweeb like that . But I went to the first post and tried to count. Maybe its six months. Hopefully some one who can count lol will figure it out. I'm still happy to know beyond a shadow OD a don't she.is a she .

5 months almost to the day since you started this thread. I'm glad she's a "she"! My favourites always turn out to be boys!

Butter hatched with one leg going inward and under so far I havent had any luck wrapping it right or so that it will stay but I should be getting vet wrap soon so hopefully that will stay in place better but its getting harder to manipulate her leg. Newly hatched babies are very pliable but lose it quickly she will be a week old tammrow.She hasnt tried moveing with her feet in her Butter mobile yet but I think its good for her to be upright instead of laying flat all the time. I am just brain storming to figure out what I can make her Butter mobie out of as she gets bigger
Wrote this but noticed she is grown now!!!
What do you do with her now? did her leg get better?. Does she have a chick chair now ?

should have read all the post not just this last one.!!She is a preciously darling. with a cute name !
Hope it is just her leg and not hip too like mine .

I have a 20 week old that had that same leg.But her hip is out of kilter too sticks out
I also could not find a way to tape her leg and get it to stay i tried 20 things. some 2 or 3 things a day sometimesTape wouls unglue fro mthe heat ion the brooder roomtriedevery kind icoud think of evne duct tape it didnt work either
I put her in a chick chair but the poo got all over her butt even wiith a hole as shed move the material by moving around. and she would draw her legs up under her so the chair wasnt doing any good like it should
..after about 3 weeks of leg braces of all diff kinds whatever i could come up with that would stay on I felt with the hip cockeyed i was torturing her to try and make the leg go straight I gave up

.Now sadly she just flops around in her box. other baby chicks are in the room and she can see some . I have dogs and cats all over the house so not safe to bring her out of there.

Lately she had found she can lay on her side and move herself with her leg a little . Looks like shes having a fit but shes just playing.
I get her out at least 3-4 times a day and let her"FLY" lift her i n the air and let her flap her wings. for as long as she can.

Thing is now the good leg is all crooked from using it to push herself around .i am sorry i didint try more t o find some vehicle that she wouldnt get out of or poo all over whe n she got bigger as both legs are usless now and totally twisted. from sitting on them all the time and keeping herself upright. I havent had time to try and come u pwith some thing with wheels that she would be in like this lego cart..
Wonder if icould make one or if she would be too heavy now to keep it upright shes not as big as a 20 week old hen maybe 1/3-1/2 the size. I know she should have been culled but at least she has some kind of life if not very much of one.

Last edited:
So happy that she is a SHE!!!!!
wee.gif
I have not been on in a while, but was wandering how it was going. Don't worry about the white spots; all good. I have mand layers out in the yard, and that is fine. I hae a few little Silkies in the house that I will be glad to find a place for in the yard when it warms up. They stink!!!! Too small for the weather though.
idunno.gif
I just know you must be estatic!
celebrate.gif
I can't wait till the Silkies in the green house start laying... any time now...........

Wrote this but noticed she is grown now!!!
What do you do with her now? did her leg get better?. Does she have a chick chair now ?

should have read all the post not just this last one.!!She is a preciously darling. with a cute name !
Hope it is just her leg and not hip too like mine .

I have a 20 week old that had that same leg.But her hip is out of kilter too sticks out
I also could not find a way to tape her leg and get it to stay i tried 20 things. some 2 or 3 things a day sometimesTape wouls unglue fro mthe heat ion the brooder roomtriedevery kind icoud think of evne duct tape it didnt work either
I put her in a chick chair but the poo got all over her butt even wiith a hole as shed move the material by moving around. and she would draw her legs up under her so the chair wasnt doing any good like it should
..after about 3 weeks of leg braces of all diff kinds whatever i could come up with that would stay on I felt with the hip cockeyed i was torturing her to try and make the leg go straight I gave up

.Now sadly she just flops around in her box. other baby chicks are in the room and she can see some . I have dogs and cats all over the house so not safe to bring her out of there.

Lately she had found she can lay on her side and move herself with her leg a little . Looks like shes having a fit but shes just playing.
I get her out at least 3-4 times a day and let her"FLY" lift her i n the air and let her flap her wings. for as long as she can.

Thing is now the good leg is all crooked from using it to push herself around .i am sorry i didint try more t o find some vehicle that she wouldnt get out of or poo all over whe n she got bigger as both legs are usless now and totally twisted. from sitting on them all the time and keeping herself upright. I havent had time to try and come u pwith some thing with wheels that she would be in like this lego cart..
Wonder if icould make one or if she would be too heavy now to keep it upright shes not as big as a 20 week old hen maybe 1/3-1/2 the size. I know she should have been culled but at least she has some kind of life if not very much of one.
Im sorry it wasnt woriking for you. Try a biger hole for her butt, but just enough room for her leggs so it dosnt cut off circulation and have it high enough that she can walk on tip toes with her good leg at first then lower it a little if you think that would be more comfetble. It is her hip , its ether just out of joint and all the mucsles and tendons atrophied that way or the ball or socket itself is messed up, I tried tapeing and wrapping and splinting as well I maneged in the first week or so to get so her leg pointed out the way it was sapose to so it wasnt almost backwards any more but never fixed the hip problem . I looked into all the vets in the area and most didnt treat chickesn at all and the few that did simply did stuff like de worming , mites and infections and such. Keep working with her chair till youfind something that is more comfertble for her the weight of her leg hanging down a few hours a day will help it even if it dosnt go all the way back in. Post pictures of your set up for us and maybe we can find things to fix or add that will help. Good luck.

Baby butter

Sweetness

I tried to wrap her but she always managed to get out of it somehow and it never did any good

how her legg twisted inwards

another angle

After about 3 weeks should could stand up but had a really hard time walking for awhile. Notice her leg points the right way now but is still dislocated or what not

I think the chair as well as me wrapping her in a paper towel burrito style with her legs pointed down (very carefully for a little wihile every day helped.

Here she is bigger and walking better but still with a limp

Just cuase its a cute teenage bad hair day picture

Her walkiing again , stil limping

Cute factor

My son muals her lol I dont think she is horrible stressed by it but she sure yells at him about it.

Back
Top Bottom