Baby Chicks in the Mail...

Pics
My small order was shipped yesterday from Meyer, and were claimed at the post office almost immediately this morning. There were no delays that I can tell from the tracking, the only way it could have been faster is if we would've drove and picked them up (which was considered).

I ordered 2 regular and 2 bantam, and one of the regular chicks passed. I've barely enjoyed my new arrivals, because I've been scrambling to try and find a replacement chick. I'm worried that having 2 littles and one big will become a problem once they start growing.

😢
I agree with @21hens-incharge, I have a flock of mixed bantam and regular size hens. I even have a Serama. As micro-mini as she is...she's the boss. :lau They do fine together. Enjoy your babies!

I am catching up on posts, so to all of you who have lost your new chicks, :hugs
For those of you who have had successful shipments, :celebrate
My babies are set to ship 9/21. :fl I've always done early Spring orders, this is my first "Fall" order. I am hoping the weather stays like it has been....70's...not too hot and not cold yet. We've been having some seriously insane storms though.

103 chicken nuggets. No mortality, just healthy, hungry chicks.

No delays.

Friendly/Helpful/Informative postal workers

They even called me hours before they opened to make arrangements to drive them to my front door.

EEFA6E1F-1A81-4221-BBEF-BEF664FE6801.jpeg
83D25384-B4B2-4E0A-BEEE-D9EAE456F9EE.jpeg
6B801758-353F-411B-BC15-5A82B3384097.jpeg
5EEC2140-9F43-493A-BCC5-E414AC2454A5.jpeg
EA0A37A7-B317-421B-A7FA-CD214928B598.jpeg
9DA8342A-A3C0-4B4E-AE2F-AF93F7397D75.jpeg

Is this a political forum or what all this is misinformation and mostly untrue, Can we not stay with talking chickens?
I base my posts on facts. I am a Research Analyst with over 20 years of experience and fact checking is what I do for a living. If you don't like it or choose to believe otherwise, you could simply ignore this thread. I have not once mentioned politics or taken sides- out of respect for this forum and a desire to simply inform people who are ordering chicks. I have only posted facts without getting into blame, but I will not be badgered into dealing with fantasy.

My box arrived from the hatchery today. My excitement quickly turned to tears, 3 babies survived. One sweet chick passed away shortly after placing them in the brooder.

Best I could tell, the nesting material in the box shifted along with the lone heat pack included. The poor little thing got cold.

I understand that people have been mailing chickens forever, but this won’t be something I’d do again. Too nerve wracking, even before the loss.
So sorry, that is heartbreaking!

I am catching up on posts, so to all of you who have lost your new chicks, :hugs
For those of you who have had successful shipments, :celebrate
My babies are set to ship 9/21. :fl I've always done early Spring orders, this is my first "Fall" order. I am hoping the weather stays like it has been....70's...not too hot and not cold yet. We've been having some seriously insane storms though.
Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom