Baby Chicks in the Mail...

My box arrived from the hatchery today. My excitement quickly turned to tears, 3 babies survived. One sweet chick passed away shortly after placing them in the brooder.

Best I could tell, the nesting material in the box shifted along with the lone heat pack included. The poor little thing got cold.

I understand that people have been mailing chickens forever, but this won’t be something I’d do again. Too nerve wracking, even before the loss.
So sorry.

Can you, or anyone tell me what the average % of Chicks that didn’t survive PRIOR to these changes was? And % now? Obviously, an approximation... Thank you!
I have not researched it.
Certainly, all the recent news reported about dead chicks is something new we haven't seen before... according to the farmers who regularly order them. That's why it is being reported.

I have not researched it.
Certainly, all the recent news reported about dead chicks is something new we haven't seen before... according to the farmers who regularly order them. That's why it is being reported.

This isn’t a new thing here...
In the day of the cell phone old news is constantly regurgitated.

the truth is... there are animal rights activists and vegan sleeper cells working at the USPS locations purposely holding these shipments up to cater to their agendas.

😷

I bought $70 worth of Forever stamps last week. There are some really great ones including the Fruits & Vegetables, Great Outdoors, American Gardens and Frogs that I chose.
Fruits and Vegetables
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
American Gardens
Frogs

Other beauties are Maine, Alabama and County & State Fairs. But if you have different tastes than mine, there are so many more to choose from.

Go see what you like. They'll be useful forever and they'll deliver them to your door.
I got some “fruit and veggie” stamps too. Seemed appropriate :lol:

the truth is... there are animal rights activists and vegan sleeper cells working at the USPS locations purposely holding these shipments up to cater to their agendas.

😷
[/QUOTE

😷
According to the farmers and customers affected by it, it most certainly is a new thing that they have not experienced in the past.
I won't comment on your other theories, because as I said, this is not a thread about politics.

Update I picked up my chicks from the post office this morning I ordered 6 Bielefelders from Greenfire Farms they were shipped from Florida to Las Vegas with no problems all well and happy and I’m happy they gave me 2 extra ..

Attachments

• 4F4CD1B4-5F9A-43E1-B829-ACE7363DF3BF.jpeg
    4F4CD1B4-5F9A-43E1-B829-ACE7363DF3BF.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom