Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics
So many cute chicks here! And sooo hard to tell the girls from the boys when they're young.

Ladyrsanti, why do you call them 'green legged'? I don't see it but maybe it's these old eyes or my computer. In any case, I think they are adorable.

Lemon Brahmas!?! Oh my, now I've got to get me one of them!

Their legs are green, almost gray or black in one or two - not yellow as compared to any other picture of a brahma in this thread.

Look again at this pic.

Hello friends! Meet "Big Mama" my retired grand champion light Brahma.. she's one of my favorites and loves to be held and carried around. She also joined my fiance and I in a few of our engagement pictures :) she was such a little ham!
D.gif

Hello friends! Meet "Big Mama" my retired grand champion light Brahma.. she's one of my favorites and loves to be held and carried around. She also joined my fiance and I in a few of our engagement pictures :) she was such a little ham!
D.gif

I love it. My grandmother has a picture from her wedding day where she is standing on the porch and a chicken "photo bombed" the pic. It is her favorite one till this day.

Just a random question! Does anyone know what I would get if I crossed an columbian buff brahma with a dark brahma cockerel?

Sjisty, thank you for mentioning that you sometimes sell birds at a swap meet....it gave me the incentive to go today and I did great. The Brahmas were my best selling chicks....sold em all! And the best part was I found an excellent home for that nice roo I just couldn't keep. By the time I put him in the crate they already had a name picked out....I think he's gonna be spoiled rotten.
ya.gif

Sjisty, thank you for mentioning that you sometimes sell birds at a swap meet....it gave me the incentive to go today and I did great. The Brahmas were my best selling chicks....sold em all! And the best part was I found an excellent home for that nice roo I just couldn't keep. By the time I put him in the crate they already had a name picked out....I think he's gonna be spoiled rotten.
ya.gif
Good for you! I love going to the swaps and rarely take home any chickens.

Another one of my girls has befriended one of my 5 week old Splash Cochins.. they follow each other around everywhere! It's adorable.. the chick will climb all over her and snuggle under her wings at bedtime
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom