Backyard Brahmas!!

Pics

SD Bird Lady

Songster
7 Years
Nov 9, 2012
south central south dakota
I know there are multiple Brahma threads out there but I want to start this one to help those who may sometimes feel threatened by the feedback they hear from those who know "poultry perfection"

BACKYARD BRAHMAS!!
This thread is for people who have Brahmas that are nothing special but are close to their hearts.
If you have no idea or don't care about tail angle, vulture hocks or broad heads.....then this is the place for you!

I would like to say that I have no problem with those who are very interested in the world of poultry shows or that enjoy further developing a breed. However, when two groups that have such different goals meet it tends to lend it self to hard feelings and heated discussions.

SO.....Post pics of your gentle giants hatchery or not, ask questions, and enjoy being the owner of backyard Brahmas!

I hope this catches on
fl.gif

Last edited:
Hello. Moving here from the Brahma thread after I learned that my birds did not qualify as brahmas because their legs are the wrong color and a couple have straighter combs than is "necessary". I feel like I'm in limbo because they say they aren't brahmas and the breeder says they're crazy.
hu.gif
I don't care, they're beautiful birds and that's all that matters to me.

Are Banty Brahma owners welcome? I have one beautiful little buff gal who I consider one of my two prettiest birds. I love her, bought her from a show a year ago. She is so mellow and sweet natured! She shares her coop with a banty Cochin (prettiest girl #2) and a Silkie cockerel. I am thinking of having a straight up 'yard candy' flock someday. Just pretty bantams loose on the front lawn... *daydreamy smile*

Back
Top Bottom