Backyard Brahmas!!

Thank you so much. I'll keep an eye on it and cut back of grain (is seeds ok? I mix black oil in with feed.)
Do they eat a lot of grit then they are? I know that's an odd question but my Bramhas intake a lot of grit.

Thank you so much. I'll keep an eye on it and cut back of grain (is seeds ok? I mix black oil in with feed.)
Do they eat a lot of grit then they are? I know that's an odd question but my Bramhas intake a lot of grit.
A handful now and again might be fine, but all the small fine seeds/grains are what contribute to the sour crop I've found with Caroline. She has fewer bouts of it when I limit her intake to almost all pelleted feed or soft foods like scrambled eggs with plain yogurt mixed in with that. Grit is needed, of course, for all chickens to be able to process their feed.

These two chicks are supposed to be Buff brahmas, got them at the local hardware store who sell chickens,

how come there missing feathers on there feet?
there supposed to be 2 weeks old

OK so i think i messed up,,,these are my buffs,,feathers on legs,,,
what are my other two? the easter eggers?

i bought 2 buffs
2-easters
2 jersey giants

These two chicks are supposed to be Buff brahmas, got them at the local hardware store who sell chickens,

Because they are not Brahmas. Their legs are greenish looking to me. I cannot see the comb-is it single or flattish? Could be Easter Eggers, though the coloring can be several breeds like Speckled Sussex, however, SS have yellow legs, not greenish.

Last edited:

I think they are easter eggers. If they are, you will love them. Mine lay every day, summer and winter, nice large blue or green eggs.

Yeah by the face markings and leg color I would bet E.E. I really love mine, they are pretty skittish and bottom of the pecking order but tough, smart andventurous little laying machines.

My hatchery bird pics. The rooster is gone to a better suited home now with a harem of 30+ hens (my 7 mostly smallish hens were nowhere near enough for him).He turned out absolutely huge for a hatchery bird . The hen pictured is a treat mongering pushy butt, she lays about 3-4 eggs a week and turned out typical hatchery bird size at about 10.5 lbs.

My hatchery bird pics. The rooster is gone to a better suited home now with a harem of 30+ hens (my 7 mostly smallish hens were nowhere near enough for him).He turned out absolutely huge for a hatchery bird . The hen pictured is a treat mongering pushy butt, she lays about 3-4 eggs a week and turned out typical hatchery bird size at about 10.5 lbs.
They're so gorgeous! I would not be disappointed at all if my birds look anything like yours
1f603.png
what hatchery did you get them from, if you don't mind me asking!

Back
Top Bottom