Bad Experience with Bresse Farms in Pontotoc, MS

I bought CCL eggs here too and got 1 chicken from a dozen.. bought a dozen Swedish flower eggs and got 5 one of which failed to thrive and died around 6 weeks. They are, however, the prettiest nicest flowers I have ever seen though. Sadly the one roo I kept got sick and died at about a year old. I may order more flower eggs, knowing what I know anyway. That pretty and nice.

I bought CCL eggs here too and got 1 chicken from a dozen.. bought a dozen Swedish flower eggs and got 5 one of which failed to thrive and died around 6 weeks. They are, however, the prettiest nicest flowers I have ever seen though. Sadly the one roo I kept got sick and died at about a year old. I may order more flower eggs, knowing what I know anyway. That pretty and nice.
This year?

I ordered mine on the 19th, then I saw a lot of bad reviews on FB and some here, sent an email on the 21st in the morning asking to cancel my order, never got a reply back, then later that day received an email that they created a shipping label, then today USPS sent notification they had possession of item and expected delivery is Thursday the 26th... So...😬😶we shall see what will happen with my 2 dozen..

I don't live anywhere near this place but I just read through this whole thread and I see some major issues.
1- this sounds like there is a major animal welfare problem and unfit housing. Is there not a farm standard in that state for selling or breeding animals?
2- it sounds like might be fraud since the orders are often messed up with incomplete refunds. I would reach out to PayPal and complain.
3- what a terrible business owner. If he screwed up so bad he should absolutely be refunding you AND sending out new eggs. Yikes. So many red flags on this place.
As someone living in Mississippi we are a very agricultural state that is unfortunately and fortunately more loose on animal welfare laws due to most of the time the laws being push are animal rights activists extreme. IE a barn every two acres for cows and attempts to banned disbudding and so forth. Sadly because of that breeders like this are common and reading the state of the pen for alot of people it's normal. Game breeders here have better treatment from personal experience than some normal breeders. Not every Mississippi breeder is like this either but unfortunately there seem to be more often, not including scammers as of late the last few years.

How'd it go?
So… I was supposed to get my eggs yesterday but the post office never delivered or called me and I finally got them today. I am thinking about making a “hatch with me” post.

I ordered 2 dozen Black Copper Marans and had two broken but they did send 2 extra, quite a few pretty dirty, some with dried egg juice and stuck styrofoam from the broken eggs.

I’m no chicken connoisseur but I think all but maybe two look like regular ol’ brown eggs, I should have waited and not been so impatient and reached out to find a local quality breeder to get those dark dark beautiful brown BCMs eggs. Lesson definitely learned but I also don’t mind sharing this experience for others to see and beware of! Hell, maybe have a contest to see who gets number of hatched eggs correct! 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣

Attachments

• 2251AE0E-F88E-45D1-B8B0-F6E82509776D.jpeg
    2251AE0E-F88E-45D1-B8B0-F6E82509776D.jpeg
    524.9 KB · Views: 10
  • C5A0B781-467A-48EB-BBE2-91E2EE3BC09C.jpeg
    C5A0B781-467A-48EB-BBE2-91E2EE3BC09C.jpeg
    915.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 216263CE-5629-4F30-9FE8-8FDC93D1D106.jpeg
    216263CE-5629-4F30-9FE8-8FDC93D1D106.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 10
  • C1A2DE0D-AB37-48ED-934D-4C1C28184324.jpeg
    C1A2DE0D-AB37-48ED-934D-4C1C28184324.jpeg
    525.1 KB · Views: 9
So… I was supposed to get my eggs yesterday but the post office never delivered or called me and I finally got them today. I am thinking about making a “hatch with me” post.

I ordered 2 dozen Black Copper Marans and had two broken but they did send 2 extra, quite a few pretty dirty, some with dried egg juice and stuck styrofoam from the broken eggs.

I’m no chicken connoisseur but I think all but maybe two look like regular ol’ brown eggs, I should have waited and not been so impatient and reached out to find a local quality breeder to get those dark dark beautiful brown BCMs eggs. Lesson definitely learned but I also don’t mind sharing this experience for others to see and beware of! Hell, maybe have a contest to see who gets number of hatched eggs correct! 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣
I see a handful or so that are darker than a normal brown. I'm far more concerned with the waste I see on them

I would wash the eggs with a 50/50 solution of peroxide and warm water right before putting them into the incubator.
There is a February hatchalong, you could join too.
later in the season my Maran hens eggs are a little lighter than normal. Hopefully this is the case with yours.

Back
Top Bottom