Bantam Ameraucana Thread!

Fowlseeded, The so called Ameraucana bantams from hatcheries ARE, in fact, Easter Egger bantams. They are in a rainbow of colors and no standard set for them.

For true Ameraucana bantams, get them from the bantam breeders from ABC. They are more consisent in type, color and go by the APA standard as well as the ABC guidelines.

How do Bantam Ameraucana's compare in size to D'Uccles? I have a 12 in. tall cockerel, just barely bantam, so I wouldn't want to put anything too tiny in with him.
Can anyone tell me if how big a Bantam Ameraucana is? I can look up the weight of one but it's hard to get a picture. THanks

The D'Anvers are a bit smaller than the Ameraucana bantams. I never had D'Uccles so I would imagine they are similar to the size of the D'Anvers.

not to drag on about this but, is it possible that I could get an easter egger that I could show?

Weeeellllll, "Could" is a powerful word. Could you show - yes. Could you win under a crappy judge - yes. Could you win with a bird with bad leg color under a judge that even remotely understands the breed - NO.

I say this in the kindest way possible and hope that your are not a child. But novices like myself ask advice from those we trust and seek out the best breeder eggs/stock we can afford (we all have limits, to be sure) and then hope, pray and protect our young prospects the best we can all in preparation for taking even one good exhibit to a show.

It is an addiction as well as a passion for those who do try and give us newbies a decent start. They protect the breeds from blending into obscurity and losing identity. I am looking for some more Black or Blue bantam eggs/chicks from really good stock and I can surely attest to the time spent looking at pics, etc., and how frustrating that is. Why not get your order of EE bantams and also get a separate small flock of SOP bred birds. Give yourself a year or two and a few shows and then share with us how you feel. Just thinkin' k/

lavender Americaunas are not yet a recognized color, correct? Also, could someone please specify how to correctly spell Americauna? thanks
In the APA SOP it is spelled Ameraucana and is in the Any Other Standard Breed.

Our "project" colors like Lavender and by-product colors like Splash (result of blue to blue breeding - blues being an approved color) are not approved colors so are often considered EEs.

When you see birds or eggs offered as "Americana" it is pretty much assumed to be mixed background of varying percentage of Ameraucana or Araucana to add the blue-egg factor.

I know I am a 'newby' but this is what I have been taught. k/

I think the breeders club spells it Americauna.

There is NO "I" in Ameraucana.
smile.png

All ads must be in the Buy Sell Trade section of the forum.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom