BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need advice. My 3ish week old chick is still sneezing, it's been over a week and the sneezing is all the time now, I noticed bubbles in her right eye yesterday morning. Someone suggested I try the vetrx rub and I did, I haven't seen bubbles today but the sneezing is constant and she even wheezes when she takes a nap. She is eating, I just watched her eat her crumbles and her crop stays full. She is in isolation with newspaper for bedding so no dust and none of my others show signs of anything. I've researched all the glory of respiratoy issues and I'm wanting to save her. Should I wait this out and see if she gets worse before trying any tylan??? Oh and her poop is solid and white capped, not runny

I need advice. My 3ish week old chick is still sneezing, it's been over a week and the sneezing is all the time now, I noticed bubbles in her right eye yesterday morning. Someone suggested I try the vetrx rub and I did, I haven't seen bubbles today but the sneezing is constant and she even wheezes when she takes a nap. She is eating, I just watched her eat her crumbles and her crop stays full. She is in isolation with newspaper for bedding so no dust and none of my others show signs of anything. I've researched all the glory of respiratoy issues and I'm wanting to save her. Should I wait this out and see if she gets worse before trying any tylan??? Oh and her poop is solid and white capped, not runny

Since it has been over a week and you had the bubbles, I would see about treating with meds. Is there any discharge from her nostrils? I had a girl that was just sensitive and sneezed a lot when she dusted ect...but no wheezing, discharge ect. That being said, I don't know meds or dosage, so I would post on the emergencies/illness thread. LOTS of helpful and knowledgeable people there
smile.png
Respiratory issues can get bad quickly
hmm.png
Hope your baby feels better soon!
hugs.gif

What color eggs do black bantam Cochins lay? I have two laying and I have light cream colored egg and a brown egg and I thought the brown egg was from my black Cochin but I just caught my buff Cochin/ silkie mix laying the brown one! The only other pullet I have is a grey silkie and I'm unsure of her age but she seems pretty young to be laying!

Alright. So I have a question about bantam cochin roos...How nice are they? And how loud are they? We live out of town and just restocked with a new set of chicks (though they're more pullets now) and one is a roo.we have had many a roo, silkies, orpingtons, polish, but our last one was sooo aggressive that he kinda made us question keeping anymore Roos in our flock:( currently he's just loud, not overly skittish or overly friendly. What are the chances I can socialize him into being more friendly or at least uncaring of people? Id hate to have to get rid of him :( even if he isn't very friendly in the end

Alright. So I have a question about bantam cochin roos...How nice are they? And how loud are they? We live out of town and just restocked with a new set of chicks (though they're more pullets now) and one is a roo.we have had many a roo, silkies, orpingtons, polish, but our last one was sooo aggressive that he kinda made us question keeping anymore Roos in our flock:( currently he's just loud, not overly skittish or overly friendly. What are the chances I can socialize him into being more friendly or at least uncaring of people? Id hate to have to get rid of him :( even if he isn't very friendly in the end

Cochin rooster can be aggressive but I think they can also be friendly. I have one roo that is just so scared of poeple he won't bother you. :/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom