BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got them from a friend of mine in Jurupa Valley, Ca..I am in the san Bernardino Mountains in California....so I drive to pick them up. I have not had any luck with hatching shipped eggs:( So I only do local now!

I hatch most of my egg shipped from all over, it takes a lot of patience. Sometimes great... biggest issue has been getting old & infertile eggs this year.

I hatch most of my egg shipped from all over, it takes a lot of patience. Sometimes great... biggest issue has been getting old & infertile eggs this year.
I think I have always had issues between heat and shipping roughness:barnie Everyone else had good results from the people I bought eggs from, and they even packed them VERY well!!!! Just no fighting a rough post office sometimes! Good luck on our egg hunt :D

Hi everyone!!:frow

Life got s little crazy and I became BYC deprived..LOL! I am enjoying looking at everyone' s babies!!! Beautiful!!! My girls are 10 weeks today....and here they are...Fiona (white) and Sydney ! View attachment 1064099 View attachment 1064102 View attachment 1064104

@Marthab1953 here are your babies!!!!
I have a Fiona too! She's a splash. Pretty babies!! :love

Question for you all...Do you find that quality of leg feathering is evident from a chick? I have two pullets who seem to have very minimal feathering at 8 weeks of age. I'm wondering if they will fill in as they age. These birds came from non-hatchery lines. The males all have very nice feathering, the ladies, not so much.

If you don't see good foot feathering by 8 weeks, you aren't going to, in my opinion. Should be evident within a couple of days

I would love some penciled Cochin eggs!

x2!!

I've been waiting on a splash. Finally, this last hatch, only a few hatched, but there she was. View attachment 1064965

She's purty! I crossed my fingers every time a splash hatched, and went through several boys before finally getting a splash girl!

My trouble is getting eggs period, since all the girls have been broody!! lol

I have a Fiona too! She's a splash. Pretty babies!! :love

Thank you!!! They are both such sweet girls...and spoiled ROTTEN:D

If you don't see good foot feathering by 8 weeks, you aren't going to, in my opinion. Should be evident within a couple of days

AGREED!

My trouble is getting eggs period, since all the girls have been broody!! lol

LOL....girls are on vacaction;)

IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
Here are a couple more of the splash and a Birchen in color that I have.
20170704_171222.jpg
20170704_171137.jpg

Here are a few from my past...two frizzle ones first! For fun..
12705751_10204181185649645_8437698432745258479_n.jpg

This one is still a baby in this photo..she got really pretty..don't have a photo! I used this photo for a welcome as you can see.
1826749413pizapw1409283497.jpg

A mottled
1826749413pizapw1409612411.jpg

And a white that was just soo pretty!
016.JPG
018.JPG

I am putting my two out there in the grow out pen into the yard today. They should love it..after today..usually takes them a while to get used to being out in the big ol world. :)

Last edited:
She's purty! I crossed my fingers every time a splash hatched, and went through several boys before finally getting a splash girl!

---I hatched a splash too!
IMG_2007.JPG

(Bad pic... she wouldn't be still)

My trouble is getting eggs period...

---I didn't know you had Cochin!
Reminds me-- for some reason, I thought there was a place where people posted what breeds they had. I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1065758 View attachment 1065767 Here are a couple more of the splash and a Birchen in color that I have. View attachment 1065747 View attachment 1065749

Here are a few from my past...two frizzle ones first! For fun..
View attachment 1065750

This one is still a baby in this photo..she got really pretty..don't have a photo! I used this photo for a welcome as you can see.View attachment 1065751
A mottled
View attachment 1065754

And a white that was just soo pretty!
View attachment 1065755 View attachment 1065756

A couple more, of a black...

I am putting my two out there in the grow out pen into the yard today. They should love it..after today..usually takes them a while to get used to being out in the big ol world. :)

Wow, Cynthia, they are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom