BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Hello fellow BC friends. I'm new to chickens my flock is about 18 weeks. My BC (Oona) has had white small flakes on her for awhile now. I noticed when she was getting her feathers in around 7 weeks she has some flaky skin at the base of her follicle. Also had yellowish skin (since i could remember). Any ideas? I know they are more susceptible to mites, etc. Kinda freaking out if that is the issue...

How big are bantam cochins at 2 months old? I picked up a new girl a couple weeks ago and she is so sweet - but SUPER small compared to my other birds her age. I was told she was a standard size, but now I am wondering if she is actually a bantam. Measurements such as legnth, height and weight might help provide me an answer, but I have no other bantams to compare her to.

Last edited:
How big are bantam cochins at 2 months old? I picked up a new girl a couple weeks ago and she is so sweet - but SUPER small compared to my other birds her age. I was told she was a standard size, but now I am wondering if she is actually a bantam. Measurements such as legnth, height and weight might help provide me an answer, but I have no other bantams to compare her to.
Aww! She is so adorable! What an innocent little face!
1f60a.png
Could you get a pic of her next to a standard chicken her age?

Aww! She is so adorable! What an innocent little face!
1f60a.png

Could you get a pic of her next to a standard chicken her age?

Yes, I will try and get a shot of her soon (next to my Wyandotte - who is sick right now, but should feel better in a couple of days)!

This little chick hasn't been introduced yet to my girls, she is still in quarantine but is almost ready. I'm not sure how she'll do - as she is so tiny.
1f60e.png

Last edited:

Heres one of my chocolate mottled cochin cockerals that im retaining and super happy with him. Im now at about 30 chocolates in my program and super excited to see what next year brings.

Back
Top Bottom