BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics

This is Penelope, our only bantam and our only cochin. She's my favorite and yes, she comes inside on occassion. She hasn't laid an egg in over 3 months. She's happy, eating, foraging, seems extremely healthy other than not laying... is this normal for her breed?

This is Penelope, our only bantam and our only cochin. She's my favorite and yes, she comes inside on occassion. She hasn't laid an egg in over 3 months. She's happy, eating, foraging, seems extremely healthy other than not laying... is this normal for her breed?

How old is she? If she is three years old I'd say that's normal, if she is younger she may be egg bound or just not getting enough daylight hours.

But I'm not a professional.

I have some 7 year olds that still lay. It can help to feed enough protein, and often layer isn't enough if you are feeding other things. Mine are fed a non medicated grower year round. It is normal for them to take breaks and not lay for a month or so. Yours is old enough to molt, she could have stopped laying to do so.

She isn't even 2. Not acting egg bound at all. We get about 10 plus hours of sunlight a day. She may just be done laying:)

Huh. I have a hen that may have layed an egg or two when her and her sister first started laying but then she never layed after that and she has horrible raggedy feathers with a few white spots that aren't supposed to be there.

I have some 7 year olds that still lay. It can help to feed enough protein, and often layer isn't enough if you are feeding other things. Mine are fed a non medicated grower year round. It is normal for them to take breaks and not lay for a month or so. Yours is old enough to molt, she could have stopped laying to do so.

Yah, molting is a possibility but for three months?
I have five year old hens that lay once every two months, one lays more than the other and the other has thin shells.

Hey guys! Long time no see! Just was enjoying the summer and caring for the chick-ies! I have got 6/10 now since some of them died (at like a week or 2 old- Unknown cause)

BUT I am very happy to say I got a bantam Cochin frizzle, and 3 regular bantam Cochins! All with lil' fuzzy Mohawks :) and 2 of them are polish silkies! 5 toes and blue skin like their dad! (My only silkie is a roo) all of them are stunning right now! And they've gotten soooo big! Gonna post some pictures of them tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom