BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pidje, top view. Lol bugger doesn't want to pose right now.

Added side.

Last edited:
Im assuming their odler.When we got them at the end of november i am thinking they were about 2 months so their about 4 mo now.The others are im sure pullets no saddle feathers what so eever and the cockerel has been humping them never have seen cockerels hump eachother nit even young sincless ones.
I've had young cockerals penned together mate one another. Usually it's the dominant one doing it, so it does happen, but probably not when hens are present.

Are your birds free range? If not, I would suspect food or water issues, assuming, of course, that all is clean, dry and lice/mite free. If free range, they could have gotten into something they should not have. Table scraps?

Do you mean mine? I wasn't sure who you were asking. I don't normally feed any of them table scraps. They've all been wormed in the last two weeks, are lice/mite-free. They free range on occasion, but not recently very much since it's been cold and very wet and there isn't much more out of the pen than inside the pen for them to eat. Same food as always, 22% Super Layer from Tucker Milling and either 12-grain or 13-grain scratch mix cock conditioner that has sunflower seeds in it and its own grit pieces. I swear, those birds live in the Hilton. I spend more time on their maintenance than my own. So, nothing is different, just the usual routine. They get probiotics, too, in the form of plain yogurt about once a week or so, but we don't as a rule give them table scraps. Too much salt and other stuff. If I give them scrambled eggs or something, I set theirs aside from ours so they don't get any salt.

So, could be the crop stuff is just unrelated to each other. Dusty, my blue Orp hen, is 9 years old and lives with Xander. Though she's never had crop issues, that breed or line of it that I had was very prone to crop problems. But, she's old. And a crop will shut down at the beginning of the end, so to speak. Xander may be on his way out, too, being 3 1/2 yrs old. He has never had one single issue in his life until now. It's a puzzle.

Anyone know where around southern IN or KY I can get some bantam Cochins?

I dont, but my best friend in Kentucky belongs to a local chicken swap group on Facebook. She has a friend named Mac (nickname, it's a woman) who has bantam Cochins, not sure but I think mille fleur color. You may want to ask her-PM "Cetawin". I think she gets notified of the PMs still.

Better yet, maybe if I do this, she can help. She is an hour south of Cincinnati in Sadieville, KY. @Cetawin does Mac have any to sell or anyone in your group that you know has good ones?

My sweet Maisie had her first free range day with the big girls , well 3 of the 4 of them are big.
1f602.png
She was such a happy little chicken at least until she almost ran into my standerd Cochin then she went over to a patch of grass and stayed there munching away from the others!

Last edited:

My sweet Maisie had her first free range day with the big girls , well 3 of the 4 of them are big.
1f602.png
She was such a happy little chicken at least until she almost ran into my standerd Cochin then she went over to a patch of grass and stayed there munching away from the others!

I like her a lot!! Very pretty!

1f602.png
I am soo happy for her, she has a Great Moma. She sure is growing!

My cochin chicks are always get wait muddy feet.They just preen it off and dry then go about their daily routine.I have never had to bath a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom