Bantam Duck Page

Funky Feathers,
Sorry, I managed to miss your response until now. I had been trying to respond to a reader who said she had Pastel Mallards. In Dave Holderead's Duck book he mentions Pastel, Blue Fawn, and Golden Mallards have been developed. The only breeders I've found so far are people who used to have them. I would love to have some of my favorite duck colors in one of my favorite breeds! Also, I show poultry, and there is the possibility of my going through the process of having a new color of Mallard added to the American Standard (a lengthy and involved process). That's how the Snowy Mallard variety got in the Standard. So who knows what I might do eventually, if I were able to procure or create one of these rare colors. It was interesting to me that you mentioned the Silver variety- never heard of that, and would love to see pics of any of these colors of Mallards if anybody has them.

Your Welsh harliquins are beautifull! I want some like that!!!
droolin.gif

Thank you! They look soooooo different now, though! A lot of their colors got a bit darker, so they aren't so white. The ladies are still more white, but that's normal. I'm just waiting on the hens' feet to get black and my drake to get more red on his chest. There are two hens that I would love to show, and I want to show my drake. I'm showing my drake for sure in January! :D

Funky Feathers,
Sorry, I managed to miss your response until now. I had been trying to respond to a reader who said she had Pastel Mallards. In Dave Holderead's Duck book he mentions Pastel, Blue Fawn, and Golden Mallards have been developed. The only breeders I've found so far are people who used to have them. I would love to have some of my favorite duck colors in one of my favorite breeds! Also, I show poultry, and there is the possibility of my going through the process of having a new color of Mallard added to the American Standard (a lengthy and involved process). That's how the Snowy Mallard variety got in the Standard. So who knows what I might do eventually, if I were able to procure or create one of these rare colors. It was interesting to me that you mentioned the Silver variety- never heard of that, and would love to see pics of any of these colors of Mallards if anybody has them.

Oh, I didn't know those colors of mallard had been developed. Interesting. I had white mallards years ago (2006). I crossed one to a regular one to see what would happen and I got what people told me was a silver. I'll look and see if I can find any old pics of them. The whites were so cute. :)

I have one similar to the silvery one third from the bottom.. She is the result of a butterscotch drake and a blue bibbed hen (not sure what background color is behind the hen, but the make is pure butter for a whole bunch of generations) Shes the one at the top of the picture..(There condition is a bit off at the moment.. they came to me this way and its a work in progress due to our weather bring crappy)

Back
Top Bottom