Bantam Duck Page

My family and I want to embark on our newest poultry adventure this year! We have 6 large chickens, and 2 Cayuga/pekin mix ducks, both male. We went to a poultry congress this morning and fell in love with the "little ducks", To be honest, we didn't even know they existed. There was one row of ducks that sounded like they were laughing all at once. I didn't get over to see the breeds. Do they all sound like they are laughing? What would you suggest for our set up? should they be separated from both the chickens and the big ducks? I think we would like 2 females. thanks for you help!

All of the females make that loud, laughing noise. I wouldn't keep them with your large male ducks though. They will definitely hurt them trying to breed. I breed calls and they are in with my chickens. They are very friendly, cute and loud! I love them.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks so much! Maybe I will put them in with chickens, after the male ducks get their own pen this spring! Do you sell and ship your call ducks?

I just got 3 BEI females. They are not the sweetest but they seem to be doing better. Does anyone have a male for sale?

I also have 2 snowy calls.One I raised myself, but the boy we got for her.

We accidentally got in to bantam ducks. Me and my boyfriend already had 4 pekins, & 4 others big ducks. We wanted to raise our own. (Long story short) So we went to the same place we got the adults but this time to get babies. We got 3. One a mallard/Rouen is the only one we were told what he was. We ended up getting a black swedish crested, and our girl snowy call. Once we figured out their was nothing wrong with her and what she is, now we love bantams! Thats all we would have except we won't get rid of the ones we raised. Sorry to bore everyone :/

i have 5 mallards i have been in need of another mallard hen but i dont want to buy any duckling when my duck can just hatch for me and you guys are so lucky i cant find call ducks any where down here in Kentucky all i can find is mallards pekin and muscovy i already have mallards and muscovy now i m going to start on the pekin and try to find call ducks or ducklings if i can

what would be a breed to cross with a mallard i was going to try calls if i can find them or some other bantam duck any one else got any ideas for me

I have 2 black East Indie drakes and 1 East Indie Hen. I would love to trade to someone an East Indie drake for another East Indie Hen!

Does anyone need a Cayuga drake? I have one born last year. Really fun guy, but I want to stick to banties.

Hey everyone! Are your black east indies loud? I'm looking to get a female for a pet and I'm looking to know if they are unbearably loud. Keep in mind this would be my only duck. I'm disabled and I want an imprinted duck for a house pet. I want a female because they are smaller and I've had some bad experiences with aggressive drakes. Thank you so much everyone.

Back
Top Bottom