Bantam Only Crazy Egg Chain

you have almost a dozen coming your way no worries. I think I have 11 right now. I'm getting 3 to 4 eggs a day.

I wouldn't have minded more still lol. I could use some red tones in the flock. Mine are all in the black, blue, light beige, cream family. I just hatches 2 a couple weeks ago that look like they may be closer to some red but still on the buff tone side. We'll see how the ones you sent today turn out. I'm looking forward to it. Thank you

Same here. I would love to join in but my mixed pens are the only ones laying reliably and it's too muddy to divide them into breeding pens right now.
It's ankle deep mud here. My birds are always separated in color pens year round. The only ones I mix up are the juveniles or hens needing a break from their roo to grow back feathers.

It's ankle deep mud here. My birds are always separated in color pens year round. The only ones I mix up are the juveniles or hens needing a break from their roo to grow back feathers.

My Silkies are always in their own pen where their feet can stay clean. I only divide them up by colors when I have an extra pen or sometimes I put a pair in a wire cage. I want to divide my other breeds up because I'm getting excited about chicks but most of my pens weren't meant for housing birds year round. I went out to check them this evening and almost lost my boot. They're on top of the hill so I think once the last of the snow is gone they should drain out and dry up pretty quickly. There are snow/ice dams making soggy lakes all over the yard. There is even a small river in my barn.
Come on spring!!!

My Silkies are always in their own pen where their feet can stay clean. I only divide them up by colors when I have an extra pen or sometimes I put a pair in a wire cage. I want to divide my other breeds up because I'm getting excited about chicks but most of my pens weren't meant for housing birds year round. I went out to check them this evening and almost lost my boot. They're on top of the hill so I think once the last of the snow is gone they should drain out and dry up pretty quickly. There are snow/ice dams making soggy lakes all over the yard. There is even a small river in my barn.
Come on spring!!!
The area my silkies are at is at the top most part of your yard and we're on a hill as it is. Our uard still gets pretty muddy. I have been having a hard time keeping my boots on just trying to walk. Most of my silkies are in the garage. Their feet still get messy from being penned up for a couple of months. There are a few spots where the roof leaks. I'll be sooo glad when the ground dries up for the most part and we can get the pens back out in the yard. We're gonna have to make some new pens to replace a couple that got damaged when we moved them in the garage. We've left a light on 24/7 for them since it's pretty dark in there. We're gonna get kale planted pretty soon so the chickens can get a good boost after being cooped up in a garage for months. It sure has been easier to tent to them not having to walk in the snow, ice and now mud for long. I have 4 pens that are permanant in their spot that I still had to tend to but the other 6 are in the garage. I also have some cockerels I had to separate that are in cages in my carport room as well as a white roo that I wanted to keep clean as I could, a couple of hens that need a break from a roo so their feathers can grow back then I have my new chicks I just moved to the water trough I use as a brooder for the older chicks. They where stinking my house up and had to go as soon as the weather broke..

I've managed to finish a fertility check for my splash silkie pen. I got a new roo a few weeks ago and he's doing his job as well as he can. I just have 1 hen laying. Or did have. Now nobody is laying in that pen. I"m checking the fertility in my paints pen. I'm a few days out on that one. My silver partridge are laying and they are always fertile. I have some of their eggs due next week I think it is. I have a white sizzle hen in with a white silkie roo and she is laying although she shouldn't be. She is still growing her feathers back. I have another white sizzle hen I plan to give to him as well. I have to make a special pen for those. I have to protect their feathers from the sun and dirt which won't be easy. I plan to show them one day. I got a new roo for my paint pen also. My last one died this winter. I was going to replace him anyway, he just voluntarily makde room for him. I bought a beautiful black roo to put over my paint girls. They don't have many spots and need fluffier crests and I'm pretty sure he will do the trick. I also want to replace some of my lighter splash girls so this new splash roo will do the trick. He is beautiful. A friend of mine found him for me and I got the black one from my friend. I'm hoping this summer I can find some different color sizzle girls to add to my pen.

Every year I have big plans. But my main goal is to improve on what I already have. And be able to sell the ones I don't keep for my pens.

I bought this stuff called Hatchright. You spray it on before you set the eggs then spray the eggs once a week till they hatch. I didn't get mine in time to spray them the first initial time but I've kept up with the regamin since. I candled yeterday and I just took out 3 clears. Most of whats in the bator are shipped eggs. This spray is suppose to provide nutrients to the growing chick thru the small pores in the shell. I'll find out how well it works,

I sprayed it on the test eggs and in 5 days I saw veins. I haven't candled the paints eggs yet. I'll let everybody know if this stuff works like it's suppose to. It's suppose to make more chicks hatch and they are suppose to be very healthy and be able to zip and pop right out of the egg. It's suppose to make shipped eggs more viable and get higher hatch rates. I figure it can't hurt. My last hatch rate was 11%. 1/2 the eggs where splash and the roo wasn't doing his job then died soon after so none of them were fertile to begin with, What didn't hatch died during lock down.

Very interesting about that spray. Where did you get it. I will be setting shipped eggs on Saturday. To bad they don't make a spray for USPS bloopers! LOL
Does anybody have black or paint showgirls?

I bought this stuff called Hatchright. You spray it on before you set the eggs then spray the eggs once a week till they hatch. I didn't get mine in time to spray them the first initial time but I've kept up with the regamin since. I candled yeterday and I just took out 3 clears. Most of whats in the bator are shipped eggs. This spray is suppose to provide nutrients to the growing chick thru the small pores in the shell. I'll find out how well it works,

I sprayed it on the test eggs and in 5 days I saw veins. I haven't candled the paints eggs yet. I'll let everybody know if this stuff works like it's suppose to. It's suppose to make more chicks hatch and they are suppose to be very healthy and be able to zip and pop right out of the egg. It's suppose to make shipped eggs more viable and get higher hatch rates. I figure it can't hurt. My last hatch rate was 11%. 1/2 the eggs where splash and the roo wasn't doing his job then died soon after so none of them were fertile to begin with, What didn't hatch died during lock down.
I would be very interested to hear how it does, as I saw that and was wondering if it was a gimmick or if it did actually work. I did not buy because I was skeptical.

Back
Top Bottom