Bantam Only Crazy Egg Chain

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got a bundle of eggs (22) from jmcgee83 and only one arrived broken. Unfortunately the PO did a number on their poor air sacs but even still 14 are developing beautifully in my bator!

Ps she packages eggs wonderfully! How only one was broken with the way the PO must have handled that box is beyond me.

Last edited:
I bought this stuff called Hatchright. You spray it on before you set the eggs then spray the eggs once a week till they hatch. I didn't get mine in time to spray them the first initial time but I've kept up with the regamin since. I candled yeterday and I just took out 3 clears. Most of whats in the bator are shipped eggs. This spray is suppose to provide nutrients to the growing chick thru the small pores in the shell. I'll find out how well it works,

I sprayed it on the test eggs and in 5 days I saw veins. I haven't candled the paints eggs yet. I'll let everybody know if this stuff works like it's suppose to. It's suppose to make more chicks hatch and they are suppose to be very healthy and be able to zip and pop right out of the egg. It's suppose to make shipped eggs more viable and get higher hatch rates. I figure it can't hurt. My last hatch rate was 11%. 1/2 the eggs where splash and the roo wasn't doing his job then died soon after so none of them were fertile to begin with, What didn't hatch died during lock down.
Just curious if you have any update on the hatch right or opinions either way about it.
Still waiting for my paint silkies to start laying again.:(

Just curious if you have any update on the hatch right or opinions either way about it.
Still waiting for my paint silkies to start laying again.
sad.png
I just finished my last hatch till next month and I had 4 shipped eggs hatch very fast. There where 2 of my own that pipped but didn't not hatch on their own. Several others made it to lock down but died before they pipped. So my opinion n the Hatchright is kinda iffy. I want to try it from the beginning. I already had these eggs in the bator when the Hatchright came in the mail.

The chicks that did hatch are very strong. They hatched and I didn't even know it. They did it quietly and alot faster than I've ever had them do before. They didn't even do alot of peeping after they hatched.

Back
Top Bottom