Bantam suddenly stopped laying

bantamb8

Hatching
Aug 25, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a Belgian Bantam a little over 5 years old who has not laid in about two weeks. I've noticed her comb has become slightly shrunken and pale compared to the other hens. She's eating well, drinking, pooping normally, however suddenly not as alert or vocal as usual. The 7 other bantam hens in the flock are currently all laying and not showing similar behaviour.
I live in Australia, (winter) so the flock has just started laying again about a month ago after moult season. I wormed the flock three months ago and have checked hens and coop for mites.
I thought it could be egg binding or sour/impacted crop but I haven't noticed any particular symptoms. Our hens are free ranged.
We've had pretty drastic weather and temperature changes lately, and I've recently changed and moved parts of the coop - could be stress? Any ideas?

i think its age i have a wyandotte bantam she is a year old and its been almost three months she hasnt laid ever since we have bought her she has a tiny crown and isolates herself from the flock maybe shes getting too old and might resume eggs in spring or summer

Back
Top Bottom