Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Pics
Quote:
Candled today (day 10) and was a bit sad with the results. 4 viable, 2 not sure and 7 nothing happening at all. When I broke the duds open 2 were minisule embryo's probably died around day 3-5 and the other 5 didn't even look like they were fertilized at all, but I am no expert so who knows. Will keep my fingers crossed for the remaining eggs to make it to hatch. Hope others that are incubating right now are having better luck than me.

My barne eggs are like that too, they don't have a very noticeable pointed end. Johan's website shows his birds foraging. My barnevelder hens seem to find the worms and bugs and beetles other birds pass up and they love the grass too their eggs seem to get really big when they can forage for a good part of the day. Good supplement to layer pells

Quote:
Funny, I am tempted but my coop is not even done yet
he.gif

Scratch that it just ocurred to me that you've filled your incubator and are thinking of buying another bator you're getting a high mark in c. math this semester

Quote:
a dozen only one hatched, had to buy a friend. All are bought eggs
big_smile.png
now I have a bunch more in the bator, hoping for better results

Some candid photo's of my barnevelder babies. They are now 8 weeks old. (4 pullets, 9 cockerals total) Red band is pinkchick, green band is mediazeal and no band is Trisha. There's a couple wellie's in there too from pinkchick, so don't freak out thinking it's a barnie.
big_smile.png

SAM_0370.jpg

SAM_0360.jpg

SAM_0350.jpg

SAM_0349.jpg

SAM_0344.jpg

SAM_0342.jpg

SAM_0340.jpg

Back
Top Bottom