• i love the light colored eggs!

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • i get double yolkers all the time

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • they are very flighty

• they are very friendly/loving

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • another answer: please describe in a post after you join...

• Total voters

ChickenLover200

Crowing
8 Years
May 10, 2013
I'll be in the barn!
Welcome to the Barred Plymouth Rock club!
members:
ChicksGalore3
ChickenLover200
(please post add me as a member to join and your name will be listed here)

what we will do here:
-Post pics of our Barred Plymouth Rocks
-chat everything Barred Rock
-share information about this breed with other people
-share fun stories about your Barred Plymouth Rocks!
-Barred Plymouth Rock owners unite!

WELCOME! please join before posting pics or anything...
before you post anything other than to join make sure your name is int he list!

Last edited:

Now. Has anyone ever seen a beautiful almost fluorescent blueish-green on a barred rock? Reminds me of peacock feathers. Ever seen??
Yes!
I notice that when the sun shines on Nugget's feathers. I agree it is so pretty: )

I mainly tell my pullets apart from their beaks. Nugget has a bent comb and is so lovable, Oreo has the biggest, reddest comb, Blackberry has this kind of a bump on her beak, and Domino looks like a chunky type of chicken.

Last edited:
hi! she has passed rope n have removed bits we notice. have kept grit out full time for her to pass it. she's doing well so thankful. girls laying more since feed was bought at grain elevator not sure if will stay with it since elevator does not carry dogs brand of food. may be hobby's new chore to pick up feed?? lol

Hi all. New chicken owner and I have 4 BR chicks. One is a suprise rooster. I suspected he was not a she at 1 week old and knew for sure by 2 weeks. He is now 4 weeks and beautiful. One of my girls just love attention. She always comes to say hi and get some petting. Think Im going to love these birds.
Hi! Awesome! I'm sure you will love them ;)

is my first time too integrate birds so once they feather out the will go in to prefab coop beside my temporary run for a week or so. we planning to build a run before they are inter grated.

I agree the BR roos are very pretty. I would assume that you will have BR chicks hatch by the broody hens once in a while. That would be so cute to see the mom and chickies.
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom