Barred Rock?

Just wanted to update on this post. Beauty is definitely a Barred Rock.

Please excuse the muddy mess there...we've had quite a bit of rain and it's a mess right there where the gate is. I'm debating on what to put there to fix it.

She's a pretty Barred Rock. :)

Thank you very much.
1f60a.png
I'm excited to see how she will look when she is full grown.

Hey everyone!! I thought it would be neat to post some up to date pictures of my Barred Rock, Beauty, that I posted about.

Here she is working hard to lay an egg. I've always thought chickens looked cute sitting on their nests. :p

Hanging out on one of the perches with Tilly. They make a pretty picture. :)

Hey everyone!! I thought it would be neat to post some up to date pictures of my Barred Rock, Beauty, that I posted about.
Here she is working hard to lay an egg. I've always thought chickens looked cute sitting on their nests.
tongue.png

Hanging out on one of the perches with Tilly. They make a pretty picture.
smile.png
She is certainly a beauty. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:)

(Sorry for posting in another thread, I can't find the new thread button)

Hi so I have had three barred rocks in the mix of my flock for a few years now. My eggs have for the past year has these weird brown spots in them. So I researched it and the explanations all led to that my hens were getting old, which didn't make sense to me since they were still in their prime. I recently just integrated 24 new chicks into my flock of 12 and walked out this morning to a somewhat little crow from a BARRED ROCK in my flock.

The peculiar thing is that the barred rock that crowed has been in my flock for many years now, which leads me to think that he's the reason for the brown spots and has just kept quiet until now.

I'm going to post pictures of him when I get home, it would be a great help if you could confirm his gender ( he does have a more prominent wattle and comb, but his tail feathers look like my other barred rock pullets, so that's where it gets confusing)

thanks so much!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom